Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By mr_debauch Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:23 pm
this looks great. okay we will see once they are in people's hands... but this actually looks like a product roland went the whole 9. The highest spec roland sequencer in over 15 years (not including the keyboard workstations because i don't know on those) .. i doubt i will buy one but i am excited for the heavy 404 guys out there.
By Ill-Green Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:43 am
Sorry that the link is gone now. Appears that preorders will up pretty soon :)

This was the link:

RolandCloud wrote:Introducing: SP-404MKII App
GRAPHICAL EDITOR/LIBRARIAN SOFTWARE FOR THE SP-404MKII
The SP-404MKII is the latest and greatest incarnation in the celebrated Roland SP sampler line, perfect for performance-based producers and fans of lo-fi, hip-hop, and sample-based music. While all functionality is accessible directly from the unit itself, the free SP-404MKII App enhances your workflow, providing an easy-to-use, customizable graphical interface with large sample waveform view for editing, pad matrix for complete sample and pattern management, easy import and export of files, and ability to convert legacy SP-404SX / SP-404A projects to MKII format.

Graphical editor and librarian for the SP-404MKII
Edit samples with zoomable waveform view directly in the app
Adjust and organize sample parameters including Mute Group, Pad Link, Envelope, Time / Pitch Shift and more
Onscreen pad matrix for moving, exchanging, and deleting samples within banks or projects
Export samples from laptop to SP-404MKII via the app
Import SMF (Standard MIDI File) data created in DAWs
Convert SP-404SX and SP-404A projects and data to SP-404MKII formatting
Audition audio from SP-404MKII using the app
Customizable skin, with the ability to import user logos/designs plus slide show and various color options
Available for macOS (10.15 or later) and Windows (10)
Supported file types - WAV / AIFF / MP3 / FLAC / and (Mac Only) M4A

Hardware Meets Software
Accentuate your SP workflow with the SP-404MKII laptop app, reducing the need for hardware menu diving. Access advanced sample editing parameters and controls, plus easily organize all your samples and patterns using the onscreen pad matrix.

Convert Your Cuts
The SP-404MKII App lets you access and update older projects created on SP-404SX and SP-404A models. Simply import your legacy jams into the app to automatically convert projects to the MKII format and samples to 48 kHz.

Get It at Roland Cloud
Download the SP-404MKII App for free today through Roland Cloud Manager, the software interface for Roland Cloud content. Roland Cloud is also the home of Beat Maker Sample Packs, AIRA projects, and other premium content for taking the SP experience to the next level.

Get Roland Cloud Manager

Thanks to nittygrittysoul at gearspace.
By Ill-Green Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:50 am
jpeg wrote:this looks great will defo buy; already have the sx but will need to change the face plate cos that grey looks ugly they should of kept the standard silver/grey sx type finish

Faceplate is fully customizable at purchase. You can also buy different faceplates in colors and styles to change the days of the week. As is, I like it, but if options for dark blue in there I'll get that.
By jpeg Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:35 pm
i think we are now officially in the golden age of production technology but it may have come to late for many of us; I wish the tools of today was available in the early 2000's

these companies purposely hold back and drip feed us technology to keep us spending
By ace_of_dub Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:21 pm
jpeg wrote:i think we are now officially in the golden age of production technology but it may have come to late for many of us; I wish the tools of today was available in the early 2000's

these companies purposely hold back and drip feed us technology to keep us spending

Not yet, AKAI needs to fix the bugs before that /s

Of course, I can tell you that 10/12 years ago, most people thought that hardware was dead and everybody would use Ableton stuff. The truth is most people aren't interested in making beats only with a PC...
By Ill-Green Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:10 pm
I preordered when the official video dropped at 3AM. Guitar Center sent me confirmation that my order is ready to ship but needs to be processed at the warehouse first, probably to record quantities and verify operation of the SP. :smoker:
By Ill-Green Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:34 pm
Most of the videos show how to make a beat. I know how to make a beat, I had almost every SP.

But this video went a bit different and showed how to use multiple projects and benefits of Skipback Sampling. Now these are my kind of videos for an SP-vet.