Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By 4theden Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:15 am
I'm trying to get hold of the editor software for the MPX16. It's no longer on the Akai website.

There is the MPX8 software still...
By Ill-Green Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:36 pm
Sorry to tell you but the MPX16 has long been discontinued.

It was so buggy and terrible and the complaints to Akai, that they just had to pull it.

There might be a torrent site that contains the software. But give Akai a note, they will get back to you in 7 business days and most likely will help or hit you with a sales pitch such as "why don't you try the MPC-X?" They actually told me that after a question about if a simple MPC was in the works. But they responded. Anyway, I've read reports of Akai providing old software/firmware so give them a call.
By Ultros Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:32 am
I originally saw the mpx-16 for $200. I put off buying it. Then a few months later it was up to 275, then $325, now its $415.. LOL $415!!! (cad) but still.. generally stuff goes down in price. heh.

Everyone has covid-for-brains!! all like: "well theres a chip shortage and theres a supply chain issue as well."

IDGAF! I'm not paying more than the ORIGINAL msrp for items. Sketchy ass re-sellers.... Most of our hardware isnt even using the semi-conductors there is a shortage of, they're just upping the prices because people are greedy.