Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By tapeop Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:32 pm
First off I've used this unit successfully before. The problem seems to be me as I haven't fired it up in a long time and I've forgotten the protocol.
My connections:
I'm using a Roland D50 as my midi keyboard. Midi out to sampler. Sampler out to mixer.

Loading sampler:
I'm using a cd with Mellotron samples and taking the following steps: (I've used this cd before and it worked fine)
1.Turning on sampler and disc loader
2. Inserting disc
3. Pressing the load button
4. Turning data wheel until HARD DISK appears on screen
5. Using cursor to highlight letter that appears next to HARD DISK
6. I press F8 (GO)
7. Use cursor to go far right to see different sounds.

All of this works and I do get a Mellotron-ish sound out of the mixer but it's not really the sound I'm looking for and I can't move out of that sound. FYI the sound, disappears after 8 seconds in true Mellotron fashion, but a synth tone persists. I'd really appreciate someone helping me to crawl out of the hole I'm in. If calling is easier, my cell is 603-545-7831.
By tapeop Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:29 pm
I spent pretty much all day on this and finally figured it out. The 3000xl has limited storage so I have to clear a sound before successfully loading another. PROBLEM SOLVED. Now, to get my old eyes to be able to see the hard to read LED screen.....that's another story.