Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By v00d00ppl Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:20 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:From what I can hear on my professional nearfield monitors and Beyerdynamic DT-1990 headphones the new Rossum SP-1200 sound a lot more closer to the S2400 than it does to the original Emu SP-1200 which is a good thing…

Hi Fre$h yes if you use the main mono out the sound will sound closer to CD quality. Once you start using the individual outputs then then characteristics change. So when these get out in the wild to actually customers I’d expect more in depth reviews about each output vs the original.
By peterpiper Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:29 am
Would love to see someone open up the thing but I guess noone will do this within the warranty time.

I also woner if Rossum will sell spare parts to owners of the old SP1200 (pads/buttons)
By peterpiper Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:15 am
peterpiper wrote:Would love to see someone open up the thing but I guess noone will do this within the warranty time.

I also woner if Rossum will sell spare parts to owners of the old SP1200 (pads/buttons)

Ok, I just I saw a picture of the inside. Looks nice. :lol:

IMO interesting online talk of Mr. Rossum on the history of the SP (and some of the other early E-mu synths/samplers). I wonder why they went from COMDAC (Emlator/Drumulator) to linear DAC on the SP12/1200. Probably cause of the extra 4bits. I hope the Q&A will be uploaded too.

peace