Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Hommy Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:08 pm
Just got a 303 and I’m struggling to set it up

I’ve got a 303, Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio interface and a MPC studio with MPC 2.3. I believe I have the correct cables, I’ve got a MIDI out adapter so I can connect the MPC studio to the 303, a dual 1/4 inch - RCA interconnect cable so I can connect the interface to 303, a headphone jack adapter, and a bunch of RCA cables & MIDI cables

I’m a noob with the cables and hardware side of things. I’ve tried to hook it up and I can hear the audio from my DAW through to the headphones connected to the 303 but the audio is super low.
How do I go about making this all work???
Someone help I beg
By Ill-Green Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:54 am
OK just reread your post.

The Line Outputs on the Focusrite Scarlett Solo should be going into the RCA inputs of the 303. If you using the headphone out of that interface, it may need amplification before going in the 303.

Or can be just the cables and connections, 303s are kinda old now. May need to spray deoxit on the RCA jacks.
By NearTao Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:15 pm
I don't have my 303 setup right now, so forget off hand, but if you turn EXT on for the 303, doesn't the right most knob get set to your gain knob for EXT? The manual def explains how to adjust the volume for EXT.