Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
Byimpatient-member Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:57 am
After being super inspired to get my hands on one of these little beasts I decided to hit the interwebs. Mint used sp404sx just cost me $325 shipped. Is the mkII at $600 a MUCH better unit to pair with an MPC one or is it like I thought a little overkill considering the MPC is the central hub.

i want the ability to make samples on the go and also the effects in these boxes are great. Extra input outputs too!
By NearTao Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:13 am
Roll with what you got man.

The mk2 has plenty of nice stuff, but it is a lot of overlap with the MPC. Same with the SX. They are all different devices, and can change your workflow... so can certainly be fun to have all of them... but the mk2 isn't going to be night and day for you.
Byimpatient-member Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:06 pm
NearTao wrote:Roll with what you got man.

The mk2 has plenty of nice stuff, but it is a lot of overlap with the MPC. Same with the SX. They are all different devices, and can change your workflow... so can certainly be fun to have all of them... but the mk2 isn't going to be night and day for you.

Good looks. Yeah it'sss funny right before you commented I decided that my kit was complete. Appreciate the feedback to help me feel good about what I have going. Korg Mono, SP404sx and the MPC One obv!

Then my guitars thru my amp modeler and into the SP and finally all routed to the One. Is this Heaven? Lolol