Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Oliver M Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:33 am
Hello all,

i have searched all over the place and tried to read both manuals but im having no luck with synchronising the volca with my mpc live 2 ?, i am using a midi out from my mpc live 2 midi out A to my volca keys midi In. i also have got two cables for the SYNC in and out(volca keys) - however when i use a cable to sync out(volca) nothing happens but when i plug the other cable into the Sync in, i can no longer use the mini sequencer on the volca.
im very new to mpc and i suppose music production as a whole but the cables that i should be using is baffling me, i have tried to use volca keys sync on start up holding function and m6 then record. the information on all this is flaky at best. can someone enlighten me what im doing wrong. i figured i could sync the seqener of the volca with my playing beat but maybe i am completely wrong ?
By terry towelling Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:15 am
I don't know anything about the synch on the volca. but you should be able to easily have the MPC sending midi to and triggering the volca. that way that hitting a pad on your MPC plays a sample on the volca (or a midi sequence on the MPC plays the volca). just do all your sequencing of the volca from the MPC.

connect midi out from MPC to Midi in on volca. Set the midi channel on the MPC and volca to the same number. Then you should be good to go.
By DokBrown Tue May 03, 2022 5:31 pm
I use a volca which has a very simple MIDI in.
Ignore the sync in/out, that for other volcas & MODULAR systems

Run the MPC MIDI out to the volca MIDI IN
Check your midi settings
Run the VOLCA 1/8 audio out back in the MPC
Switch that audio track to mono b/c the volca is MONO

If this makes no sense, check utube. Plenty of demos there

I suggest a mixer b/c the volca keys 1/8 is very noisy
By DokBrown Tue May 03, 2022 5:32 pm
The key to the volca keys is learning the different osc settings & working that delay FX