Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By mikehende Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:30 pm
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and will appreciate some advice please. I am trying to find the external fx box for my purpose. I need a looper, delay and reverb fx to add on the fly live over the mp3's playing on my pc. I would like an external small box for this preferably and ultimate aim would be wireless if can be possible.

I bought the Korg Kaoss Pad Quad which is a great unit but the reverb is lacking plus one needs to remember exactly where on the pad to touch to get the desired effect. I don't like this, I would prefer a knob so I can know exactly where to dial in.

I am looking at videos of the Roland SP404-MKII right now which seems to be better than the kaoss for those 3 fx mentioned. Does anyone here have this MKII version and can answer just a few questions for me please?

Also, if there should be any better box for those 3 fx please let me know?
By Ill-Green Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:29 am
I own a MKII. I don't know how I can help, I use it as a multitrack music center, but I know the machine.

But in advance, it's not a live looper. You may want a SP-555 for that.
By 83dude Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:51 am
I‘d look into the Boss RC line for that, depending how many tracks you might need. RC-202, RC-505 and RC-600 could be good for you. I know various artists who used that, but with mixed results / workflows.