Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Liondre231 Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:00 pm
The new Korg Drumlogue looks and sounds attractive to me but I don't want to buy something when I may already have better options on the MPC. Which is why I am wondering if anyone knows which drum machines the DrumSynth emulates and which ones are also sample based?
I can't really find out any info about this anywhere, the 808 and 909 models are pretty obvious but even then are those all complete emulations or are there some sounds that are sample-based?
By Neodymium Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:10 am
I don't know the answer to your question, but the fact you are are asking kind of suggests you haven't explored drumsynth enough to be looking for alternatives. Not that I have either. I'm definitely one to be guilty of GAS, I have a bass station, microfreak, Hydrasynth and just upgraded my TD3 to the TD3-MO. Yet I still looks at synths like the Colbat8 (I have back in the UK both the Skulpt and Craftsynth I need to shove on ebay). I have enough to get on with. My next purchase will be the OPx4 as that will integrate much easier than an external, and run multiple instances. The point I'm making here is, get on with what you've got (the same message I tell myself). Let te GAS go and what until you can make your own informed decision.
By Patientrichard Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:39 am
It does 909,808,and anything else that you may need, if you are prepared to sculpt the sounds.
If you're not exploring it, you're missing out on a very useful, free device.
By Liondre231 Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:11 am
I was gassing over Drumlogue at first but after some research and playing with DrumSynth I prefer it. Only thing that I prefer about the Korg are the immediate controls to get a groove going, apart from that I find it meh in comparison :|

I played with it for a bit and made a few kits that I put in my synth for extra layering and processing and I'll be honest it really sounds great lol :-D
There are actually 54 sound sources in the plugin so there are so many possibilities :smoker:
I just wanted to know a bit more about the sound sources which ones were synthesized and samples but it is all good anyways.
By mpc_fan_2022 Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:13 pm
Obviously the MPC sequencer isn't very interactive, no MIDI effects,no step effects, instant rolls (and no, note repeat doesn't do that), automatic sequence variation and so on and so forth. Some drum machines have distinct features the MPC just does not have.
By terry towelling Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:07 am
yeah, some of the sequencing tricks -- like randomisation that gear like the OPZ, mc707 and electron boxes have really spice up drum tracks in videos I've watched.