Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By dabmeister Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:29 pm
It's official...Moog is selling the iconic Model D again. This time it comes with midi I/O.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/moog-minimoog-model-d-2022
By Lampdog Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:33 am
If I'm gonna spend that much money on a synth I might as well go bigger and badder and end up with a Moog One, the $8k+ version.
By dabmeister Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:08 am
Lampdog wrote:Cool, but, pass.

Same here, just spreading the news :lol: Got all I need from Moog anyway. But I was surprised that they're going retro again but with modern features. Probably will cause Armens in NY to drop their prices since they got all of their Mini Moog prices above $11 & $12k respectively, which I think is nuts.
By BKLYN Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:49 pm
That’s dope of Moog to reissue the Minimoog, but for $5K you could buy the VC340, 2600, Odyssey, Poly D, Mono/Poly, and Deepmind 12 by Behringer. The Poly D sounds just like the Minimoog and Behringer has proven themselves to making great quality clones so why not build a dope 3-Tier keyboard rack for the same amount of money?
By Lampdog Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:18 am
Behringer HAS upped their game tremendously in the last decade+ but I still struggle to give them space in my brain.
By HanHuman Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:21 am
Lampdog wrote:Behringer HAS upped their game tremendously in the last decade+ but I still struggle to give them space in my brain.

Maybe it's their ugly ass logo :nod:
But got a Pro-1 from them a few days ago and I have to say this thing produces ridiculously good, thick, rich sounds to play with. From what I heard that Model D is also really accurate from the original and quality sounding. So at that point spending $10K+ for something a $300 box can do at 99,9% becomes nothing but a gear kink let's be real. :-D
By dabmeister Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:08 pm
HanHuman wrote:From what I heard that Model D is also really accurate from the original and quality sounding. So at that point spending $10K+ for something a $300 box can do at 99,9% becomes nothing but a gear kink let's be real. :-D

Well, from what Moog stated about the reissue...they found vendors that could replicate everything the original had from the IC's, resistors, caps, you name it to get an exact clone of the original. Plus the msrp is around $5k.
By joegrant413 Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:59 pm
No, the software won't replace the hardware sound or experience, but...

Serious props to the Mini D plug-in. This and the OPX4 are both excellent.

The Mini D sounds great, and I would expect the vast majority of listeners couldn't hear a difference in the mix.