Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By v00d00ppl Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:33 am
12 bit lofi machine
239 US

https://sonicware.jp/products/liven-lof ... s=e&_v=1.0

Sound Source: 16bit - 12kHz or 24kHz (switchable) linear PCM sampling (mono), Sampling up to 4 seconds per sample (12kHz) or 2 seconds per sample (24kHz)
12bit Sampler mode
Various sample editing features
Maximum polyphony: 10 voices
11 Track effects: Chorus, Flanger, Tremolo, Delay, Distortion, Bit Crusher, Low Pass Filter, High Pass Filter, Isolator, Tilt EQ, Compressor
8 Master effects: Hall Reverb, Room Reverb, Arena Reverb, Plate Reverb, Tunnel Reverb, Infinity Reverb, Cassette Tape Simulator, Vinyl Simulator
128 sample memory slots (16 x 8 banks)
Sequencer: 4 tracks, up to 64 steps, 64 patterns, Swing
I/O : MIDI IN/OUT, SYNC IN/OUT, LINE IN/OUT , headphone out
Size : 11.7 inch (W) x 6.92 inch (D) x 1.89 inch (H), 297mm (W) x 176mm (D) x 48mm (H)
Weight : 1.74lb., 790g
Accessories: Overlay sheet for sound edit, Warranty
Power supply: AA batteries x 6, or 9V DC output AC adapter (1A or higher, EIAJ3 standard inner diameter 1.7mm outer diameter 4.75mm, center +)
By terry towelling Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:18 am
that looks great -- and it's cheaper than fixing my ensoniq eps that I blew up last week.

I like that the sequencer has parameter lock feature. I don't have any machines with that. and it has sync out so I can trigger the sequencer on my jx8p which will give me an extra track.
By peterpiper Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:22 am
no 12bit sampling but 'software bitcrusher'.
No thanks
lower the samplerate in software works well but I've never heard a bit reducer that sounded 'authentic' ok. Toneboosters timemachine in mulaw mode is ok. kind of
peace
By BKLYN Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:30 pm
I already have the Isla Instruments S2400, but for the price of $250 I think this could potentially make a good entry level sampler for those interested in hardware. Anything that will get or keep anyone interested in making music is cool to me…
By Emilie Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:41 am
Old 12 bit samplers did some trickery to make the sound "better", the artifacts of this is why they sound great. If you just sample 12 bit in a linear fashion you won't get the same sound. A lot of these new "oldskool" samplers is missing this trickery
By Pizza2047 Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:53 am
The way they're phrasing it on their website makes me think that it might actually be authentic 12 bit sampling (not just a software bitcrusher)?

"Like the many legendary samplers that were released in the late 80s, this is a genuine low-bit and low sampling frequency sound that cannot be obtained authentically with bit crusher effects and other modern sound degrading tools."

peterpiper wrote:no 12bit sampling but 'software bitcrusher'.
No thanks
lower the samplerate in software works well but I've never heard a bit reducer that sounded 'authentic' ok. Toneboosters timemachine in mulaw mode is ok. kind of
peace
By Lampdog Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:28 am
BKLYN wrote:I already have the Isla Instruments S2400,….

:-D :-D
By Ill-Green Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:16 am
Pizza2047 wrote:The way they're phrasing it on their website makes me think that it might actually be authentic 12 bit sampling (not just a software bitcrusher)?

"Like the many legendary samplers that were released in the late 80s, this is a genuine low-bit and low sampling frequency sound that cannot be obtained authentically with bit crusher effects and other modern sound degrading tools."

peterpiper wrote:no 12bit sampling but 'software bitcrusher'.
No thanks
peace

You are right, its not 12 bit sampling but 12 kHz sampling on a 16 bit engine. However, it is a down and dirty machine and makes drums crunchy for such a low sample rate. Its the sound of a Roland MS-1/BOSS SP-202 than the SP1200 to be honest.

I just got the Lofi-6 and its 6kHz sampling at 16 bit as well.