Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By slipmat Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:20 am
Hi everyone, I'm ASR10 user and have problem with tracking out my beats to DAW.

I don't have an expander, and I only have an audio interface with 2 inputs (Audient ID 14mk2 ) I put 4 metronome clicks before every track and then record all individual tracks into DAW (solo one by one). In DAW I set the same BPM as in ASR10. When I line up 4th click on the grid, my kick or the first element from beat is not on the grid, it's a little late. Does someone have the same issue? Why is this happening? Is this common for all ASR10 or does my sampler have some error? I always mix my beats in ASR and sequences and arrange them also in a sampler, but now the client want steams of my beat. So I need to do this. I try Logic pro x, pro tools, and Ableton. Every DAW is the same. I also see that Metronome clicks are also not on the grid when I line up the first click on 1 bar.
Can someone please help

VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txheFpf6SwA

My setup is :

ASR10 keyboard
Audient ID 14 mk2
Macbook Air 2020 M1

Thank you !!!
By Lampdog Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:23 am
There’s always been a lil drift in the timing.
Connect midi use that Daws timing.
By dabmeister Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:03 pm
slipmat wrote:Ok, thanks. So everything is ok with sampler

Yes, but you need to add a midi interface or upgrade to an interface that has midi I/O. Like Lamp said, it works better to lock the ASR to your daw using midi.
By terry towelling Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:30 am
Lampdog wrote:There’s always been a lil drift in the timing.
Connect midi use that Daws timing.

I have never had any luck synching the SR10s sequencer with a DAW (Logic) or MV8000.
every time I turn "synch on" on the ASR10, it crashes.

but just straight up midi out from DAW or MV800, no synching, works fine.
By dabmeister Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:10 am
Yeah Lamp, I gotta keep hang'n around these parts to keep my musical motivation intact, or else. :lol:
By Lampdog Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:30 pm
I’ve had no motivation recently, aside from the random experiment every week or so.
By dabmeister Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:50 pm
Lampdog wrote:I’ve had no motivation recently

Ha, you got me beat. My boy who plays bass always sends me tunes to learn. I have no problem learning them, it's just the lack of being inspired and motivated to learn them.
By slipmat Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:33 am
Thank you guys, I bought USB to MIDI cable, so I connect my Logic pro X with ASR10 (Logic Pro X is master). Now everything works great. I control ASR10 from Logic, so when i press record on logic automaticly plays ASR10 and record signal.

Thank you one more time.

BR
Slipmat
By dabmeister Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:40 pm
slipmat wrote:Thank you guys, I bought USB to MIDI cable, so I connect my Logic pro X with ASR10 (Logic Pro X is master). Now everything works great. I control ASR10 from Logic, so when i press record on logic automaticly plays ASR10 and record signal.

Thank you one more time.

BR
Slipmat

Great! Was hoping you went with something with more I/O, but getting a start with what you have is good.
By Lampdog Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:47 pm
slipmat wrote:Thank you guys, I bought USB to MIDI cable…..

I use one of these cables also, they are outstanding adapters that easily bring older midi din gear into the usb world.
By CharlieChessman Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:22 am
slipmat wrote:Hi everyone, I'm ASR10 user and have problem with tracking out my beats to DAW.

I don't have an expander, and I only have an audio interface with 2 inputs (Audient ID 14mk2 ) I put 4 metronome clicks before every track and then record all individual tracks into DAW (solo one by one). In DAW I set the same BPM as in ASR10. When I line up 4th click on the grid, my kick or the first element from beat is not on the grid, it's a little late. Does someone have the same issue? Why is this happening? Is this common for all ASR10 or does my sampler have some error? I always mix my beats in ASR and sequences and arrange them also in a sampler, but now the client want steams of my beat. So I need to do this. I try Logic pro x, pro tools, and Ableton. Every DAW is the same. I also see that Metronome clicks are also not on the grid when I line up the first click on 1 bar.
Can someone please help

VIDEO:

My setup is :

ASR10 keyboard
Audient ID 14 mk2
Macbook Air 2020 M1

Thank you !!!

I also have an ASR and read that the output expander sounds way different than the stereo out of the keyboard. Is this true?Also did slaving it to a midi clock work for you?
By slipmat Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:32 pm
CharlieChessman wrote:
slipmat wrote:Hi everyone, I'm ASR10 user and have problem with tracking out my beats to DAW.

Can someone please help

VIDEO:

My setup is :

ASR10 keyboard
Audient ID 14 mk2
Macbook Air 2020 M1

Thank you !!!

I also have an ASR and read that the output expander sounds way different than the stereo out of the keyboard. Is this true?Also did slaving it to a midi clock work for you?

Sory for late response, yes MIDI cable working great. I put pro tools or logic pro X like a master and ASR10 like a slave. Everything lines up perfect. I heard same thing about expander and stereo out. Stereo out have more color.