Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By chrisroland Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:51 pm
looked at the Tracker when i was first shopping around for a sampler. "portability" wasn't even like reason #10 it didn't seem to compare to MPC (or SP-404, or BlackBox 1010). so not sure just putting the same features in a smaller form factor really solves any problems people might have had with the OG version
By mrmarbury Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:37 am
chrisroland wrote:looked at the Tracker when i was first shopping around for a sampler. "portability" wasn't even like reason #10 it didn't seem to compare to MPC (or SP-404, or BlackBox 1010). so not sure just putting the same features in a smaller form factor really solves any problems people might have had with the OG version

Hmm, what are peoples gripes with it? Seriously? Other than some people not liking it being a tracker. But that is hardly a gripe imho since it's the specific device type.

I don't know how much it even should compare to the MPC really even though it has some nice sampling tricks up its sleeve. But then it's a different workflow entirely with features the MPC would dream of (and vice versa). So it can also do things the MPC can't do.
In fact I think the MPC could learn a lot from it. Especially in the generative department. I don't know the SP or BlackBox though.
The PT can convert a sample into a wavetable and then you can play the PT as an 8 voice Wavetable Synth with the complete set of addressable CC. Or play it as an 8 voice rompler. And it has something that could be described as a mod matrix which the MPC does not have to this day. Not even in a simple form. The PT can have 2 completely different effects per step with even some simple form of cross-modulation between these two effects. The PT is my most creative tool when it comes to beat making and idea creation. And creating stems on the PT and then re-sampling them on the MPC or vice versa is an awesome thing. So for me they don't exclude each other but go together very well.

The PT Mini is definitely is a nice upgrade. It has a battery of at least 8 hours now. Yay, no fiddling with my power bank anymore. But even that was no hassle since the PT already ran with std USB power. And it now can do stereo tracks, too. Both is awesome and a worthy upgrade. And given that it has more processing power I don't think they will leave it at the current feature set which is already extremely good. I welcome the new form factor because the PT is the tool I take on the road with me and now it's smaller and more powerful. The only thing I might be missing is the on board radio of the PT.
By Pizza2047 Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:48 pm
I pre-ordered one, should get it next month hopefully. The form factor and portability sold me (I would LOVE to get out of the house more to make music). I have never used a Tracker but it looks like something I'd get into quite quick. I love trying new ways of working, although it's super intimidating.

I ordered directly from Polyend so I have the option to send it back within 45 days so I'll mess around and see if it's a fit. The deal breaker for me on the OG tracker was that it was mono only. The Mini has stereo sampling which I'm stoked about! Anyway...will see how it goes when I get it but I'm excited.