Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By jpeg Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:00 pm
Analog poly just arrived today and off the rip it seems this thing is made to be paired with vinyl samples.

I have had the minilogue and minbrute; and and a host of other analog synths in the past, but sold them as the sound did not really sit in the mix or combine well with samples in a way that sounded right to my ear.

maybe my lack of sound design skills made it to where i could not appropirately use those aforementioned hardware synths consistently in the past, but this thing tonally already sounds in the right ballpark hence less work to get the right sounds that fit well with samples.

and this thing sounds way better then the built in mpc synths (just a richer more 3d tone) and my jx08 (now selling)
By crime dog Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:46 pm
Nice. I pre-ordered at the end of April but I don't have a ship date or anything yet.

I have a decent-sized synth and module rig now, with a minilogue, boog model D, micromonsta, tr-8, roland XV rack, and more. Really looking forward to the bro-800, and maybe offloading some other stuff.
By Low3001 Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:22 pm
I got me a Pro-800 as well but won't sell my minilogue XD nor JX-08 etc because they all have their different kind of flavours. My bad that I don't have an external multieffect unit (and my analog 12-channel mixer also doesn't have built-in effects), so I have to play and tweak pn the sounds in dry mode before adding effects within the MPC One when I record Audio tracks or Looper-Audio.
By jpeg Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:00 pm
Low3001 wrote:I got me a Pro-800 as well but won't sell my minilogue XD nor JX-08 etc because they all have their different kind of flavours. My bad that I don't have an external multieffect unit (and my analog 12-channel mixer also doesn't have built-in effects), so I have to play and tweak pn the sounds in dry mode before adding effects within the MPC One when I record Audio tracks or Looper-Audio.

too my ear pro 800 has a warmer more vintage tone then the minilogue how do u compare the two?

i get it different flavours but i just found the other synths were not fitting sonically as often as I would like so had to bounce them
By jpeg Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:56 am
crime dog wrote:The Bro-800 sounds like a prophet. To me, the OG minilogue sounds a bit like an Arp, at least filter-wise.

no shit sherlock the 800 is based on the Prophet 600 so obviously it sound like it :P
By jpeg Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:17 pm
Lampdog wrote:
jpeg wrote: no shit sherlock

Haven’t heard that one in a long minute.

yed indeed had to bring it back; but I feel like Pro 800 has made it where i aint checking for whatever new synths akai come with in standalone, cos the analogue hits different, Jura is good but there is a different tonal depth from the real analog