Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By ginsuthaironchef Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:35 am
Is it possible to load samples onto the s950 if I have a usb floppy emulator installed on my 950?

I’m guessing if this is possible it’s going to require converting the format of the sample on my computer before dropping it into the usb.

Also, if you do this, is the sample still
colored by the sample engine of the 950 even though the sample was never recorded into the sampler technically?

Thanks in advance!
By NearTao Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:00 am
I basically answered this question in the other thread you already started.

Somebody else may have a better answer for you, but as far as I am aware, software like Chicken Systems doesn't support conversion to or from s950 samples. From what I recall, the floppy image and the scsi/acsi image formats are proprietary to Akai. You may be able to find some software to interface with either of these image types, but it is likely to be unsupported and require very old systems. There's lots of software from 20+ years ago that just doesn't work on modern systems or that you can no longer buy licenses for.

I doubt you're going to find something as simple as a "drag and drop" solution that will allow you to move files from your computer to the s950 without a lot of hope and elbow grease involved.
By 83dude Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:03 am
Coloration would only take place in the output stage and would get you there only half-way. :-D