Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Ill-Green Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:26 am
jpeg wrote:Korg should just come with the electribe 3; where they combine the synth and the sampler into one unit

Korg fell off from the sampler game. They should've took note when the ES2 sold more than the EM2 and the Volca Sample sold more than all the Volcas. People wanted samplers but they kept giving us toy pianos and lego synth kits. Now they wanna charge you $1k for half ass sampler...they out their got dang minds!
By chino Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:49 pm
IMHO, Korg sent out the Replay to the wrong people. This unit seems more aimed at DJs that do mashups, blends & remixes live. It fits the needs of someone who needs to perform their songs/tracks/remixes live. Or someone who wants a fun master FX unit with the ability to sample. The Replay reminds me of a stripped down Pioneer DJS-1000 sampler.

IF Korg puts in the work(firmware updates) & listens to user feedback- I can see the Replay being a future classic. If Roland can put out quality firmware updates that greatly improved the SP404mk2 then Korg should be able to do the same with the Replay. Will Korg continue to improve the Replay with firmware updates? :hmmm: Who knows?
By jpeg Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:16 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
jpeg wrote:Korg should just come with the electribe 3; where they combine the synth and the sampler into one unit

Korg fell off from the sampler game. They should've took note when the ES2 sold more than the EM2 and the Volca Sample sold more than all the Volcas. People wanted samplers but they kept giving us toy pianos and lego synth kits. Now they wanna charge you $1k for half ass sampler...they out their got dang minds!

yeah korg dropped the ball but I thought the grey electribe 2 sold just a s well and the sample electribe; but yeah korg seemed to want to distance themselve from that urban market place and focused on all dance products
By chino Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:50 pm
Another feature that the Korg Replay needs is the ability to rename a sample. I just looked at the manual but it doesn't state if the Replay has this ability. Looks like my Pioneer DJS-1000 sampler released in 2018 is still more modern & has way more features then the Korg Replay. NAMM is around the corner so maybe Pioneer will release an MK2 version before Korg is able to include much needed features in a firmware update?
By sl23 Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:05 pm
Electribe 3 combined synth and sampler yeah, but for f**k sake, add some decent storage space!

The replay looks good but as usual, Korg overprice their shit!

I would love a full blown mpc this size! Imagine an mpc live 3 mini with detachable side monitors! :worthy: :popcorn:
By sl23 Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:12 pm
chino wrote:Another feature that the Korg Replay needs is the ability to rename a sample. I just looked at the manual but it doesn't state if the Replay has this ability. Looks like my Pioneer DJS-1000 sampler released in 2018 is still more modern & has way more features then the Korg Replay. NAMM is around the corner so maybe Pioneer will release an MK2 version before Korg is able to include much needed features in a firmware update?

Quite agree. In my experience, Korg are a bit like inmusic, release it and forget it! So don't hold your breath for updates! If you're lucky they give you a couple firmware updates and that's it.
By Lampdog Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:25 pm
Lampdog wrote:
NearDog wrote: my inner Korg fanboy IS NOT ready and/or CARES anymore.
By sl23 Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:22 pm
If only Roland put that screen on the 404! maybe a mk3?
By sl23 Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:05 pm
Ooh nice! :nod:
I always wanted them to remake the SP-808! I loved that thing!
By chino Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:35 pm
New firmware update for the Korg Replay...Release notes

Version2.2 :

[Kaoss Pad Effect]
The number of programs has been increased (128 -> 209).

[Trigger Pad]
Trigger Threshold parameter was added. (off , 1 , ... , 127).

[VARIABLE PITCH] Specifications changed. When Variable Pitch Mode is ON, the pitch changes for the Trigger Pad for which Variable Pitch is specified.The Pitch changes according to the ratio of the Native BPM to the BPM Out value.

[SYNC] Specifications changed.The ON/OFF toggle of [SYNC] is immediately reflected.
Pads can be pre-assigned to specific Group/Mute/Solo/VariablePitch even when there is no audio clip registered in the Trigger Pad.
The value range of Quantize Resolution has been expanded.
Added a parameter to set the time signature.
The Value range of the Level parameter in Trigger Pad Edit has been expanded.
In addition, the Level parameter of Audio Clip can be edited directly on the KAOSS PAD screen without having to go to the edit screen.

[Trigger Pad Utility]
Extended TRIGGER PAD COPY functionality. Normalize, Reverse, and PitchChange functions added.
Extended Import Audio Clip function. Import of 44.1kHz/24bit and 48kHz/24bit WAV is supported. PlayMode (1-SHOT/LOOP/SONG) and GateON/OFF settings for import can now be set in advance.

[Sampling/Resampling]
Added Sampling Precount parameter.
A Free Beat setting has been added to start Loop Sampling without having to decide on the number of beats in advance.
Press the [QUANTIZE] key to turn it on, quantize is also effective for sampling.
A metronome sound function is added during sampling.
A parameter has been added to allow the user to set whether or not to transition to playback at the end of Loop Sampling.
Improved the Sampling/Resampling workflow.

[Other]
Wallpaper display function added. To display a specified BMP file as wallpaper when in KAOSS PAD mode.
[LINE/Phono] and [MIC] Key settings are recalled on boot.