Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By NearTao Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:34 pm
I was initially excited to see it, my inner Korg fanboy was ready. After seeing the price though... it's got to be a hard pass. I'm sure that it is very performance oriented and has plenty of fancy features... but again... the price. Any of my DJ'ing friends who'd appreciate the RCA i/o would likely rather have two Kaoss Pad 3s, along with a really nice mixer... for that price.

Hopefully it demos well for them.
By Lampdog Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:30 pm
NearDog wrote: my inner Korg fanboy IS ready.
By Ill-Green Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:04 pm
I saw this in my email, I was stoked until I saw the price. For that price I'm keeping the DJS-1000 since it looks like a clone of it.
By renegadebliss Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:54 pm
Hey Akai.... it streams samples of the SD card.... when are we finally getting that on the MPC? It's literally a matter of porting the code from Force to MPC
By inflict3 Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:01 am
It’s kinda like if you were trying to make baby, but you jizzed the bed instead. Also, anyone notice how the software on that looks kinda like the one from the Beat Thang? :hmmm:
By chino Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:50 pm
I'm a Korg Kaoss fan but...
1. This DEF needs a sequencer.
2. Chromatic scales with the pads
3. Reduce the price to at least $699 U.S.

If Korg is gonna copy the Pioneer DJS-1000 sampler then they need to do it right! Having a micro USB connection & no 1/4 inputs/outputs is :smh: I like the size/form factor tho. Korg should have used a USB thumb drive for storage instead of the 32 GB MAX micro SD?! I do feel it will be a lot fun to use.

I have a SP 404 MK2 but I ABSOLUTELY HATE all the menu diving & button combinations that you need to remember! I really can't gel with the workflow at all. I just might give the Korg Replay a try after a couple of updates.
By chino Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:56 pm
IMHO, Korg is going to come out with a synth/sequencer version of the Korg Replay too. The RCA connections are to either connect to a DJ mixer or have the RCA INs & Outs connect from the Korg Replay to a new Korg Kaoss synth with a built in sequencer. Sort of like how the Korg Kaoss KP3+ connects to & works with the Korg Kaossilator +. This will be the new Korg Kaoss flag ship line!
By chino Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:02 pm
The new Korg Kaoss synth/sequencer will have the chromatic scales ability, appegiator & other features that are intentionally missing from the new Korg Replay. :-D
By Emilie Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:47 pm
The hardware seems solid, but i really hope theres going to be some updates. It lacks a lot of basic functions for a sampler in that pricerange!
By Lampdog Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:59 pm
Lampdog wrote:
NearDog wrote: my inner Korg fanboy IS ready.

After reading more about it, not interested anymore. At all.
By chino Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:00 am
jpeg wrote:Korg should just come with the electribe 3; where they combine the synth and the sampler into one unit

:nod: In the same form factor of the Korg Replay.
By Lampdog Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:29 am
chino wrote:
jpeg wrote:Korg should just come with the electribe 3; where they combine the synth and the sampler into one unit

:nod: In the same form factor of the Korg Replay.

I’m har….. I mean interested again.