Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By jpeg Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:08 am
mrmarbury wrote:
jpeg wrote:Image

This looks awesome. Even though I have the feeling that the stand was more expensive than the KOII

dat retro mp 60 look is flame; i am sure we are going to see a bunch of other companies come out with retro inspired products next year after they have seen how successful the ep-133 has been
By Ill-Green Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:46 pm
mrmarbury wrote:
jpeg wrote:Image

This looks awesome. Even though I have the feeling that the stand was more expensive than the KOII

Looks DIY to me. Looks like around $20 for wood and paint and an extra $15 for vinyl wrap and foam for the arm rest. Maybe cheaper. DIY the way to go if you can. Its just 4 pieces of wood and a cushion.
By glide Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:53 am
Just want to correct a previous statement whereas I stated resampling would not be added ..I read that from a 3rd party, but I've got it straightened directly from a post from one of the teens ..it's on the long term to do list ... I think it's very likely we'll see sequenceing of punch in fx and song mode coming up, pushing this up from the shadows of just shy of greatness .. Although personally I am aiming for the one that seems to sail under the radar..the OP-Z ..that thig is a beast..
By The Jackal Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:09 am
i know the idea of "pocket fun" with small/portable devices has existed since at least the 90s (do love my sp-202) and has really ramped up in the last 10-15 years and that you can make full songs on these devices if you really want to...

...but there is something about the video thumbnail in OP's post that's tRiGgErInG me and has begun to make me feel as if this is all just a distraction commodity at this point; something a lot of people buy to entertain themselves with but mostly keeps them from making committed music in the end. or, something non-musicians will spend money on, consume...but never produce anything. in the deeper sense. almost like creating a net negative: a creative energy that disappears into the aether dinking around instead of being channeled into greater things. and then collectively add up what's tossed into that aether versus what comes out of it. how much of this product there is, how it's being used by the consumer.

this doesn't just apply to music though and isn't an attack on anything or anyone specific, mostly an observation in patterns i've seemed to notice in the environments around me (if i felt inclined and this was the kind of messageboard for it, i could probably point out examples in other hobbies/subcultures e.g. i skateboard and see it there too)

it's like i see that video thumbnail and the colors give me fischer-price vibes and think the drawing of that high energy lookin' dork in the right corner is gonna start talking to me in some clowny ass cartoon voice and infantilize me. like i'm looking at a toy, but the point isn't even fun anymore, it's just to throw it in my face to keep me busy like the dumb child i am and then i just think stupid things like "this is why we're going backwards as a society"

i know it's all about fun sometimes, but that is no longer the fundamental reason these devices exist is how i feel.

sorry, i'm just being weird and ranting about consumption in a post-modern society more than anything
By jpeg Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:10 pm
glide wrote:Just want to correct a previous statement whereas I stated resampling would not be added ..I read that from a 3rd party, but I've got it straightened directly from a post from one of the teens ..it's on the long term to do list ... I think it's very likely we'll see sequenceing of punch in fx and song mode coming up, pushing this up from the shadows of just shy of greatness .. Although personally I am aiming for the one that seems to sail under the radar..the OP-Z ..that thig is a beast..

apprently there is duo core processor in the EP-133 and they have not yet used the 2nd core; so once they start to add features that make use of that 2nd core it should be on and poppin.