Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By TT_Lab Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:52 pm
ShengTao wrote:Did anyone else manage to grab one? I think I got the last one on Friday via B&H around 9AM. Should arrive Wednesday. I tried to resist, but it just looks so damn cool. FX & workflow look like fun.. and the price was hard to argue with.

Yes, I copped from TE directly, I received a shipping email sunday, but still waiting for UPS to receive it. :Sigh:
After UPS gets the package is meant to be in 24 to 48 hours in Spain.
By ShengTao Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:53 pm
glide wrote:
in other news it look like the theme of these EP (with the album like cover packaging) is realted to Extended play (ala vinyl) bringing the assumption that there will be a LP version at some point :!:

Good catch. With the whole boxing ring/new champ theme, it could also be meant to imply EP > SP..
By ShengTao Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:21 pm
TT_Lab wrote:Yes, I copped from TE directly, I received a shipping email sunday, but still waiting for UPS to receive it. :Sigh:

Cool. Yeah I've been checking my tracking like every hour :lol:
Christmas comes early this year!
BTW Spain is awesome.. I would love to be hanging out in Barcelona with a new sampler..
By TT_Lab Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:22 am
ShengTao wrote:
TT_Lab wrote:Yes, I copped from TE directly, I received a shipping email sunday, but still waiting for UPS to receive it. :Sigh:

Cool. Yeah I've been checking my tracking like every hour :lol:
Christmas comes early this year!
BTW Spain is awesome.. I would love to be hanging out in Barcelona with a new sampler..

Same here, checking 17track every 5 minutes.
I lived in Barcelona for 15 years and came back home, Bilbao, when my daughter was born. Next week I go to Barcelona for the whole week to clean and put my flat to rent there and I was hoping to take the ep with me, but I tink it is not gonna be the case :smh:
Some italian guy told me that his shipped yesterday and is due to next monday, mine hasn´t shipped yet and I go there on monday,so... I´ll take the sp and the opz with me, I guess.
By ShengTao Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:28 pm
I received my PO II yesterday. Unfortunately and predictably the fader was completely unresponsive out of the box, prior to any knob placement. It shipped from B&H in a box with air pillows - no indication it was damaged in shipping from retailer. There were deep indentations on the inside of the packaging that correspond with the controls - no way to tell until opened. It was obvious the unit was seriously stressed by weight, and unprotected by the minimal packaging.

Bummer.

So what to do now? Return to B&H? Contact TE? Repair it myself?
By MPC-Tutor Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:37 pm
ShengTao wrote:So what to do now? Return to B&H? Contact TE? Repair it myself?

Absolutely DO NOT try repairing yourself! Return to the retailer, it's their responsibility to ensure it is delivered to you undamaged. Contact them to report the damage and sort out the return process. get them to send another or refund. You might have to wait some time for another one though!
By jpeg Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:12 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Absolutely DO NOT try repairing yourself! Return to the retailer, it's their responsibility to ensure it is delivered to you undamaged. Contact them to report the damage and sort out the return process. get them to send another or refund. You might have to wait some time for another one though!

lots of people are repairing themselves; as they say if u handy its a relatively simple fix, obsviously its TE responsibility, but some people have made fix guide videos that show how to repair
By MPC-Tutor Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:24 pm
jpeg wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:
lots of people are repairing themselves; as they say if u handy its a relatively simple fix, obsviously its TE responsibility, but some people have made fix guide videos that show how to repair

Yes, repair something once it's out of warranty, but a brand new item? No way should you be repairing it yourself. For a start you would invalidate the warranty, so if anything else happens they'll know you've previously been inside it. Also you don't know how much other damage there is, stuff that isn't obvious at this point.

I've never heard of anyone trying to self-repair a spanking new item before. Send it back and get an undamaged one.

Also the customer has purchased from B&H so it is B&H's responsibility to remedy this, not TE. If B&H think TE had already damaged it from the factory, then B&H should take it up with TE, but they should sort out their customer with a new unit in the meantime, it's not the customer's problem.
By ShengTao Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:14 pm
Sound advice Tutor. Though its frustrating to think I could most likely fix it an afternoon, I have no way of knowing what other part may fail, beyond my ability to repair.. This device needs an un-voided warranty possibly an extended one.
IMO the design needs to be updated. There need to be internal supports that protect the components.
It should not be packaged so lightly, and should definitely not ship without the fader cap already in place. The cap would have protected the internals of the fader, by limiting any outside pressure to the surface of the device. The fader post left unprotected by a cap made it vulnerable to internal damage. People are also reporting damage to the pads and speaker contacts. I feel that if you plan to own one of these in its current form - especially if you travel with it - you may have to deal with eventual repairs.
I will return it for a refund. I'll consider purchasing another one when changes are made to the design & packaging.
By jpeg Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:59 pm
ShengTao wrote:Sound advice Tutor. Though its frustrating to think I could most likely fix it an afternoon, I have no way of knowing what other part may fail, beyond my ability to repair.. This device needs an un-voided warranty possibly an extended one.
IMO the design needs to be updated. There need to be internal supports that protect the components.
It should not be packaged so lightly, and should definitely not ship without the fader cap already in place. The cap would have protected the internals of the fader, by limiting any outside pressure to the surface of the device. The fader post left unprotected by a cap made it vulnerable to internal damage. People are also reporting damage to the pads and speaker contacts. I feel that if you plan to own one of these in its current form - especially if you travel with it - you may have to deal with eventual repairs.
I will return it for a refund. I'll consider purchasing another one when changes are made to the design & packaging.

that is def a major conern that the build is so brittle as the main attraction of this unit is that is portable; so if can survive bein tossed in a bag without falling to pieces then that is a bit crap
By ShengTao Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:28 pm
jpeg wrote:
that is def a major conern that the build is so brittle as the main attraction of this unit is that is portable; so if can survive bein tossed in a bag without falling to pieces then that is a bit crap

TE should really offer to extend the warranty.
It actually felt nice and solid. If I had got a good one, I probably would have tossed it in a bag later on and messed it up.
By mrmarbury Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:14 pm
jpeg wrote:that is def a major conern that the build is so brittle as the main attraction of this unit is that is portable; so if can survive bein tossed in a bag without falling to pieces then that is a bit crap

Yeah unfortunately there seem to be a lot of problems. Broken faders (or if it works, then weird behavior like 80% LPF travel does nothing but it just kicks in at the last 20% of fader travel), broken speakers, cannot switch off or on, switched I/O ports. And no statement from TE as of now. Would at least expect a „we hear you“ statement.

And there seems to be stuff mission, too … stuff that the 50€ K.O has like there is no filter per step/sample and no resonance. How‘d you make any sound more „snappy“ without a resonant filter? Man I was having some hopes that it is at least what the name suggests: a V2.0 of the little K.O that’s so much fun. And if it would just be a more handy version of it without any new features, then this would still be fine. This now feels like a blown up but still somehow even cheaper (as in low value) version of it. :Sigh: