Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By mrmarbury Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:36 pm
Lampdog wrote:
mrmarbury wrote:….:

Sidenote.

Listening to your sig. Would have been cool to have had you in that electric funk battle here years ago.

Glad you like it :worthy: maybe there should be another one? There needs to be more love for this style of music
By Ill-Green Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:12 am
I don't know what TE was thinking, maybe they wanted to beat Roland during the holidays, but why send your newborn baby in a mail baggy? And in a paper-thin box as packaging.

From what I understand, the slider is like a value wheel and is used for a lot of things on the device. Having it defective on shipping is a huge overlook by QC, if they exist anymore...

I'm sure its gonna be sturdier and updated in later batches, they should've done their homework.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:44 am
Seems to be many fader and speaker issues, e.g.

https://www.reddit.com/r/teenageenginee ... ii_broken/

People are opening them up and repairing the fader themselves, on brand new gear that's insanity IMO, I guess some people just want it 'now' and know there's currently no stock to replace it (or the replacement may have the same issues).
By jpeg Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:18 pm
glide wrote:in other news it look like the theme of these EP (with the album like cover packaging) is realted to Extended play (ala vinyl) bringing the assumption that there will be a LP version at some point :!:

its an unfounded assumption its a wish that many have but no gaurauntee it willbe fulfilled; nice device but will wait and see if any software updates are forth comming before i would buy
By glide Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:30 pm
well now that the fairy dust has settled ... I have to say this is not nearly living up to the hype I had imagined ..

I thought its was an absolute that every pad would access the pad commands/FX.. but is per group if I am understanding this correctly with only one global FX send not per group,

This all could be OK if it wasnt for the NoResampling/ I read somewhere (someone got a reply from TE claiming that Resampling is technically not possible) .. rendering this for a more of a usefull tool for passing samples through raghter than a mini sampling/seq MPC3k worksation ... sure this is fine as that at 299 but the build quality :WTF: .. might still reach some cult statuus, with mod services all over the internet (w replacement parts) mutating it into something great as Im sure there will be full albums made on these ..

Its got alot going for it, the flow and Fx are great and its actually one of the better sounding 16bit samplers out there IMO but personally, I was hoping for a workstation thing with some sort of sculpting options / sounddesign (resampling would have pushed me all the way)...but they have to adress the QC ..
By TT_Lab Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:31 pm
Just received mine today after my trip. Fully working order. It is a blast. I've done a couple of beats already and I'm very pleased with it. Thou limited it is a very fun and capable machine, at least to make the type of beats I make, sampled and midi composed too. It sounds great, and pairing it with SP404mk2 for recording and FX is a great combo. I was scared that could came broken, I've been lucky, at least for now.
By terry towelling Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:23 am
mrmarbury wrote:Listening to your sig. Would have been cool to have had you in that electric funk battle here years ago.[/color]
Glad you like it :worthy: maybe there should be another one? There needs to be more love for this style of music

yeah great stuff. love that drexciyya sound.
By ShengTao Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:02 pm
TT_Lab wrote:Just received mine today after my trip. Fully working order. It is a blast. I've done a couple of beats already and I'm very pleased with it. Thou limited it is a very fun and capable machine, at least to make the type of beats I make, sampled and midi composed too. It sounds great, and pairing it with SP404mk2 for recording and FX is a great combo. I was scared that could came broken, I've been lucky, at least for now.

Glad to hear you got a good one! I'll probably re-purchase later, when QC issues have improved.
For now, I might just give my circuit rhythm another chance.. It's been collecting dust for a year.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:21 pm
TT_Lab wrote:Just received mine today after my trip. Fully working order. It is a blast. I've done a couple of beats already and I'm very pleased with it. Thou limited it is a very fun and capable machine, at least to make the type of beats I make, sampled and midi composed too. It sounds great, and pairing it with SP404mk2 for recording and FX is a great combo. I was scared that could came broken, I've been lucky, at least for now.

Good to see you got a working one, might pick one up eventually, if I can find some room for it!
By mrmarbury Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:39 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Good to see you got a working one, might pick one up eventually, if I can find some room for it!

If I would go by room, then I would have stopped buying gear years ago :lol: … I usually let future me bother with that. And I can tell you future me hates past me for that but he‘s also the one who will have all the fun. Past me just had to spend the money :mrgreen:
By jpeg Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:55 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:

clearly the ep-133 is designed to be space saving and portable so making space should not be an issue for a device of such a small form factor
By jpeg Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:56 pm

what is the benefit of using the sp-133 with the 404 is they both have such overlap on feature set? I understood why people want to use two almost identical purpose units together unless its to extend the memory limits of the ep-133, but in general i think people get carried a way in tryna use to samplers together, that made sense in the old era of s950 with sp or mpc60 cos they was different type of sampler and u would user the drum machine for sequencing.

but a 404mk2 with and sp-133 just kinda seem like using two toasters or two kettles at the same time, i just dont see the point unless u just wanna get more toast or cups of tea.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:34 pm
jpeg wrote:clearly the ep-133 is designed to be space saving and portable so making space should not be an issue for a device of such a small form factor

Nope, have no room whatsoever ATM, as I've been amassing drum machines for a forthcoming project. Even something as tiny as a PO-32 is struggling for somewhere to live.
By TT_Lab Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:36 am
jpeg wrote:what is the benefit of using the sp-133 with the 404 is they both have such overlap on feature set? I understood why people want to use two almost identical purpose units together unless its to extend the memory limits of the ep-133, but in general i think people get carried a way in tryna use to samplers together, that made sense in the old era of s950 with sp or mpc60 cos they was different type of sampler and u would user the drum machine for sequencing.

but a 404mk2 with and sp-133 just kinda seem like using two toasters or two kettles at the same time, i just dont see the point unless u just wanna get more toast or cups of tea.

First SP and EP133 are not the same nor are near to be, SP is a porwerhouse but takes time to make beats, EP 133 is inmediate and more playable. That being said...
It depends what you use them for. For instance, you could use the ep133 for beatmaking and the SP as an fx unit (given that the SP has very unique fx, both for processing sound and for performing). Or You could take the advantage of a more straight forward sequencer in the ep133 and its Punch in FX to control the SP via midi (I do this all the time using the op-z as a sequencer midi controller, because of its speciall features).
Also you can think out of the box and use them in other scenarios.
As you can see is not using 2 samplers, but give different functions to one of them.
I'd never (although it is possible) used the mpc and the SP together as samplers. If I make a beat on the SP the MPC is not used at all, but I certainly use the SP as a audio processor (warmer) when making beats on the MPC.
Each of these machines bring me to a different creative state, and sometimes I want fun fast beatmaking, and other times I want sear power.
Also I use the SP with the EP133 to record effected beats in patterns and rearrange them.
At least in the 4 beats I made til now with the EP