Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Fromthebd2 Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:14 pm
Recently got one and I realize its gonna be trickier than my Sampletrak for example... I have gotten as far as recording a short piano liop/sample off of a vinyl and now for the life of me I can not figure out how to do anything with the sample (use to compose patterns etc) . I can edit the basic parameters of the sample and play it across the keys, but beyond that I ak completely stuck! Also I saw a video showing a chop function, but for me I can not find a chop function? Can someone please get me pointed in the right direction at least?? I'm pretty overwhelmed :( Thanks so much yall
By Ill-Green Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:48 pm
Man, as much I wanted one back in the day, being a Roland fan boi, in reality, its the most clunkiest, akward sampler of its time.

You will never have access to those parameters unless you have an old laptop with USB 1.0. It is the only way to tweak all that good stuff in there. :fku:

In fact, almost everything must be accessed via computer, even sequencing :shock:

So, no, its not your fault or intuition, its the akward build that Roland did to that thing.

MV was the fixer of all MC808 problems.
By Fromthebd2 Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:46 am
Even sequencing also what I've gathered is that I need to update my operating system if I want to use the 808 I don't shopping and I think I almost any chopping features really because I saw YouTube video and I was not able to get to the screen that the guy did so yeah this thing's a pain in the ass I'll think about it thanks man.
By Ill-Green Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:55 am
You're welcome!

What inspirations you had planned to use the MC-808? The better choice would had been the MC-909 or an SP-808 if you prefer older samplers with good flexibility and functions compared to today. Maybe we can help in your search for the perfect gear.
By sl23 Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:45 pm
I had an mc-909 and an sp-808. Both were better than many of today's boxes. There haven't been that many advances in twenty years. Look at an mc-707 compared to an mc-909. Really, what's so much better about the 707? Not a lot,thats for sure. And it goes to show how these companies just recycle old tech, milking it instead of truly advancing it.