Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Fromthebd2 Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:08 am
So I recently purchased one I'm fairly new to making beats but have some experience but not with that type of machine anyways I've seen videos of people online with like some pretty solid doing minimal yet sufficient boom bap style beats etc on the SP12 turbo in this case and it's 5 seconds of sampling time. Now I believe I have grasped you know the idea of speeding up when sampling into the unit to get a little for more sample time and so on, and if all I get out of it is a high hat a base and a snare and then I take like a piano loop or sample for exapple and chop that up on like the 3 different pads, But they just seem to be getting in the way of each other like there's not enough memory or whatever for any over lap of the samples/tiny loops (drum sounds have all been one hot per pad, no li
title multi hit drum breaks yet - now this could be something that's like basic theory that I'm not understanyone because I've never worked with something that's primitive, although I do have a Casio RZ1 which I'm pretty successful with and that does not happen with that I mean you get what you get but you can layer those sounds, so if anyone understands what I'm trying to explain I'm guessing a lot of newbies to that type of machine run into this, but yo, any tips tricks or just basic knowledge to get me started would be awesome. Excited to learn and grow, and enjoy. Lol and I spent way too much money on this thing and I'm not giving up on it. Sorry for any grammatical issues I'm doing talk to text right now. Anyways feedback and guidance would go so far with me right now I'd really appreciate it I'll elaborate if I need to but I think that should make sense to the people that know how to use these things Thanks guys!!

Chris