Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.

By c.toon Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:25 pm
What are you trying to do?

Because as far as I can remember you could apply the same sample to different keys (or keyranges) and change the settings for filtering, lfo, envelope etc. So unless youre trying to sample 1 sound and then chop it to pieces there is no need for this. I think it is possible to copy a sample though.

I got rid of my emax a while ago and I still regret it. So I can't tell you right now - I bet some of the other emax ppls here can shed light on this.

Next time I'll make sure I'll cop a mint one :(

.toon

By cre8tive Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:34 pm
do you remember if the emax reads wav. files??????????

secondly I'd use it for my drums--make it a slave to the MPC---and maybe run some short samples through it.

The regular Emax SE-------you save your work to disk correct? How is the loading time? Fast, slow, or moderate??????

By dfacedxa Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:38 pm
nobody i have asked can straight up copy a sample to take more chops of it. its a dd disk drive. you can olny have 512 kb worth of shit so loading isnt that long.

By c.toon Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:33 pm
do you remember if the emax reads wav. files??????????

Yes, it doesnt.

Its a dd disk drive. you can olny have 512 kb worth of so loading isnt that long.

Remember that the emax saves at 8bit and has low rates. So you can fit quite some ish on a disc. Also, if you get the right one you can install scsi or if youre lucky youll find one with an internal HD (EMAX SE HD)

check this place for further information

EDIT: I looked into it again. You're right. No copy sample... I'm sorry guys

.toon

By The Maker Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:23 pm
The EMAX does allow you to have the same sample with different settings.

By c.toon Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:36 pm
thats what I said a few posts up :wink:

By The Maker Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:53 pm
c.toon wrote:thats what I said a few posts up :wink:

You also came back in another post and said

EDIT: I looked into it again. You're right. No copy sample... I'm sorry guys

:?

By c.toon Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:52 pm
yea, thats called correcting yourself.
got a problem, b?

.toon

By The Maker Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:25 pm
c.toon wrote:yea, thats called correcting yourself.
got a problem, b?

.toon

Yeah.
Your first statement was correct so what were you correcting?
When you said it could copy samples your were right, so what were you saying when you came back and said that you looked at it again and it had no copy sample?
I can't see a mistake, you were right the first time.

By dfacedxa Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:25 am
he was right the second time. you cant copy to do seperate truncations. "The EMAX does allow you to have the same sample with different settings." yeah different settings excluding truncations. if you copy it over then truncate it all of the copies are truncated. if you have rocked an emax youd probably know what we are saying.

By The Maker Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:06 pm
dfacedxa wrote:he was right the second time. you cant copy to do seperate truncations. "The EMAX does allow you to have the same sample with different settings." yeah different settings excluding truncations. if you copy it over then truncate it all of the copies are truncated. if you have rocked an emax youd probably know what we are saying.

dfacedxa,
if this was someone new I would laugh, but since it's you and toons it's cool.
But you are wrong on this.
I have a keyboard SE HD that stays on 24/7.
He's the thing you have to understand the way the functions work.
On the EMAX to copy a sample requires that you work from the preset level to the voice level.
I'm not one to tell people how to do things but for the sake of discussion I will.
You create a preset like you always have to do in order to sample anything---P00.
Sample something.
Copy that preset to P01 in Preset Management, the screen will say sample is used elswhere do you want to copy?
Yes, will make it make a copy of the voice inside the new Preset instead of working on the same one.

Go to Digital Processing and Trunacate the sample in a noticable way.

Go back to Preset definition and copy the voice from P00 to P01 this time give it a new key range.
You can now go into Digital processing and Trunacate this sample as well.

That's a pretty thin explanation, but I do it all the time.
Basically if you pull voices from inside the same preset it creates new reference material, but if you pull it from another preset it allows you the option to copy it.

That's pretty much why I said he was right the first time.

Just for the record I'll dimiss the statement
if you have rocked an emax youd probably know what we are saying.

There isn't much I haven't rocked and I'm official on anything I use.

By dfacedxa Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 pm
yo my bad maker. youre 100 percent right. EMAX CAN COPY SAMPLES FOR MULTIPLE CHOPS. i see you rock your emax harder than me. when i was typing my response out i was hoping you would be able to prove me and toon wrong. i appreciate you takin the time to break it down.

By The Maker Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:22 pm
Just shades of how the forum use to be. 8)

dfacedxa, if you don't see the message about it being used in another when you copy the preset voice, you will see it come up when you go into Digital Processing.
If you work at 20k or 16k and filter correctly you can get some very usable sample time and chops from the Emax.

I don't even like the Emax because it works so strangely, but that's what forced me to dig into it.

It's cool if this has helped anyone.