Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.

By StonesThrow Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:23 pm
What? :?

By Grouphome Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:36 pm
Gimme a E
Gimme a B
Gimme a A
Gimme a Y
By denzekiel Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:16 pm
try google searching "sp 1200 craigslist" That's how I found mine.

By DJAndreas Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:06 am
F*ck, get an emax. Its cheaper, and you get more sampling time. People aint be knowing...Well, some do
By denzekiel Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:43 pm
But it's not the same...

By lynn ness Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:47 pm
DJAndreas wrote:F*ck, get an emax. Its cheaper, and you get more sampling time. People aint be knowing...Well, some do

people be sleeping for sure! the emax is crazy... it's one of the first machines i was exposed to in the early '90s. and they're definitely cheaper. IMHO, sp-1200s are overpriced. nothing but respect for that unit but enough is enough...
By denzekiel Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:53 pm
What do you think an SP-1200 is worth? I paid more than that for my MPC and some would say that was too much. The fact is, you can't get a re-issue Sp-1200 in excellent condition with original manuals and sound disks for much less than a G. They cost $2500 when they were re-issued.
By lynn ness Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:16 pm
denzekiel wrote:The fact is, you can't get a re-issue Sp-1200 in excellent condition with original manuals and sound disks for much less than a G. They cost $2500 when they were re-issued.

Yeah, I haven't seen a clean 1200 go for less than a G in years. Even then, it wasn't much less than a G. I don't mean to say that they're not great machines but for me personally, I don't think the SP's capabilities justify it still costing so much money. Plus, the thing is, an SP has one kind of sound (no way around that) -- which some people love, but for me it gets a bit redundant. I wouldn't mind using it on occasion but I wouldn't want it to be my primary drum sampler, and $1,000 is a lot for something that's only gonna get used on 15% of my work. That's how I look at it at least. If I found one for $600, needless to say I would cop it... But until then, I'm perfectly satisfied with my ASR-10 and MPC60.

Just my own .02 though.
By denzekiel Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:42 pm
In some ways its an investment. I know I'll need it for some tracks and they're not getting any cheaper so I figured I'd jump on a good one while I have the money...
Thinking twice about that EMAX though. Maybe I'll get one to compare the sound! :wink:

By lynn ness Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:05 pm
word, man... if you got the cash and getting an sp is fresh in your mind, go for it! more power to you!

hope you catch a good buy, yo. best of luck!

and down the road sometime, check out the Emax, i think you'll be pleasantly surprised. it's got all the chunkiness of the sp but cleaner. beware though, i don't know how filter crazy you are, but the Emaxes don't have hi and lo pass filters (like the mpc60).

peace.

By pauseflights Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:36 pm
To all check me out www.myspace.com/pauseflights
Imma post some more science soon but hit it and let me knows whats hood. ~1~ yaself
And GLO in response to all the replies.

By rekidxkavada Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:45 pm
the emax has a lo pass filter atleast. I don't know about Hi pass.
By rokuez Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:35 pm
denzekiel wrote:But it's not the same...