Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.

By W. Steele Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:28 pm
The price you pay for an SP depends on what you want it for . Get a 12, not a 1200 and save a couple 100 bucks if you just want the sound . I do all of my sequencing in my MP but dump samples into my SP tuned up and resample 'em in for the "dirty" sound .
Bywildstyle72 Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:06 am
denzekiel wrote:In some ways its an investment. I know I'll need it for some tracks and they're not getting any cheaper so I figured I'd jump on a good one while I have the money...
Thinking twice about that EMAX though. Maybe I'll get one to compare the sound! :wink:

sp1200 in action WOW :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCd-d4SkmbQ

By flossb15 Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:46 am
nice video
By denzekiel Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:57 pm
This thing is mad easy to use. My 3000 is getting jealous....

By boomspot Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:49 am
Pausefight? Did you end up finding an sp-1200?
By analogjapan Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:46 am
DJAndreas wrote:F*ck, get an emax. Its cheaper, and you get more sampling time. People aint be knowing...Well, some do

they don t sound like SP'S
If you want sampling time, you go somewhere else. :)
By analogjapan Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:48 am
lynn ness wrote:word, man... if you got the cash and getting an sp is fresh in your mind, go for it! more power to you!

hope you catch a good buy, yo. best of luck!

and down the road sometime, check out the Emax, i think you'll be pleasantly surprised. it's got all the chunkiness of the sp but cleaner. beware though, i don't know how filter crazy you are, but the Emaxes don't have hi and lo pass filters (like the mpc60).

peace.

Yes, cleaner, that s the whole problem. the SP is cool because it sounds so grainy.

By analogjapan Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:51 am
monogee wrote:
StonesThrow wrote:
monogee wrote:Here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Emu-SP-1200-SP1200- ... 0034540678

is that a joke? I wouldn't pay more then 900 for a sp. Period.

I believe they are fo' real. They're just asking the same price it was listed as when the SP1200 came out years ago.

The SP's are kind of difficult to find in working condition. Make sure the DYnamic Button (14)works well when you try one.

By Something Like That Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:49 am
ha.

Some of you guys are real funny.

How much did you pay for your MPC and outboard?

The SP is very much worth the money. It's got character traits that you're not going to find anywhere else.

I could understand if you had dope outboard that you ran your mp or whatever equipment you use through...but in terms of raw unprocessed character and the sound....its unbeatable.

Thats all subjective though...

By emc156 Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:11 am
got luky and bought my sp1200 from some dude for $600. he had to sell for cheap cause he needed to pay for his kids school. thas a major steal IMO.
Last edited by emc156 on Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.