Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.

By Sound Thief Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:36 am
J.Daniels wrote:rza has been promoting the mv, like run dmc plugged adidas.....

yeah theres a movie on youtube with him showing it off, his customized one(which looks rather nice)

at the end of the video the question is put to him how he rates Boss stuff.are Roland and Boss connected in any way?

By Upright Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:40 am
Sound Thief wrote:
at the end of the video the question is put to him how he rates Boss stuff.are Roland and Boss connected in any way?

Yep.......Roland, Boss, and Edirol all Roland owned.

By Murahachibu Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:08 pm
Sound Thief wrote:

yeah theres a movie on youtube with him showing it off, his customized one(which looks rather nice)

That's an infomercial. It was up on the Roland site, maybe still is haven't checked.

By Prah_860_ Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:24 pm
Murahachibu wrote:
Sound Thief wrote:

That's an infomercial. It was up on the Roland site, maybe still is haven't checked.

for real he was paid to say that...the roland logo all in the bottom right corner...he in a studio full of all Roland Gear.....come on man....."I use to own a MC909......The 808 is the best ever.........shimmy shimmy ya has XV1080 sound....Hippa to The Hoppa too....." this man wrote a whole book and didn't mention no Roland Gear at all......but hey....whatever(yes I read the book)

By cluster Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:44 pm
wow how suprising that mods are stepping so low, and bashing gear...

to each their own..

its not the gear, its the person...

So what if Rza got paid for that shit, if I was at his standing, and used said product, I would do the same thing. Also unlike the JD spot, Rza has his own customized mv. I doubt Roland went to Forat for that... It was a Roland spot, thus why it centered on Roland Gear, and not the old shit...

Just let it go... No one shits on the Pete Rock mpc video, and thats the same shit...

Personally if I could have it all I would (who wouldnt want a 60, 1000, 3000, 4000, and maybe an mv in the same setup??? each machine has its perks and cons, combined your dealing with craziness) , work with what you got, and stop acting like elementary kids...

Akai has pros/ cons

Roland has pros/ cons

so on so forth

By Prah_860_ Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:36 am
cluster wrote:wow how suprising that mods are stepping so low, and bashing gear...

to each their own..

So what if Rza got paid for that ****, if I was at his standing, and used said product, I would do the same thing. Also unlike the JD spot, Rza has his own customized mv. I doubt Roland went to Forat for that... It was a Roland spot, thus why it centered on Roland Gear, and not the old ****...

Just let it go... No one **** on the Pete Rock mpc video, and thats the same ****...

Personally if I could have it all I would (who wouldnt want a 60, 1000, 3000, 4000, and maybe an mv in the same setup??? each machine has its perks and cons, combined your dealing with craziness) , work with what you got, and stop acting like elementary kids...

Akai has pros/ cons

Roland has pros/ cons

so on so forth

see you got it all wrong.....I don't work for Akai or Roland......shiz I feel you about having it all....in a post I said the other day in this same thread I said roland has some of the hottest shiz....save that for somebody else....I recommend cats to cop the Fantom X series that shiz is the business...I have a Roland sound module in my setup and it does me good....bashing gear? nah homie fall back off that.....I have also said Roland has complicated menu screen which ain't nothing but the truth...with they 300 page manual...matter of fact I got a 300 page manual with my sound module...thaz all I was saying......you are right about Rza and the MV but I was talking about all that other shiz....808 is hot...but I never heard rza talk about it......and thaz what I was saying...I think that shiz is fake...all career you never hear dude say anything about roland then they put some paper in his hand "I always used rolands yo".....pete rock ain't do that we always knew he fu*ked with the S950...he ain't start saying it when akai put some scrill in his hands....thatz all and thaz it

By Kris76 Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:52 pm
Prah_860_ wrote:
cluster wrote:wow how suprising that mods are stepping so low, and bashing gear...

to each their own..

So what if Rza got paid for that ****, if I was at his standing, and used said product, I would do the same thing. Also unlike the JD spot, Rza has his own customized mv. I doubt Roland went to Forat for that... It was a Roland spot, thus why it centered on Roland Gear, and not the old ****...

Just let it go... No one **** on the Pete Rock mpc video, and thats the same ****...

Akai has pros/ cons

Roland has pros/ cons

so on so forth

see you got it all wrong.....I don't work for Akai or Roland......shiz I feel you about having it all....in a post I said the other day in this same thread I said roland has some of the hottest shiz....save that for somebody else....I recommend cats to cop the Fantom X series that shiz is the business...I have a Roland sound module in my setup and it does me good....bashing gear? nah homie fall back off that.....I have also said Roland has complicated menu screen which ain't nothing but the truth...with they 300 page manual...matter of fact I got a 300 page manual with my sound module...thaz all I was saying......you are right about Rza and the MV but I was talking about all that other shiz....808 is hot...but I never heard rza talk about it......and thaz what I was saying...I think that shiz is fake...all career you never hear dude say anything about roland then they put some paper in his hand "I always used rolands yo".....pete rock ain't do that we always knew he fu*ked with the S950...he ain't start saying it when akai put some scrill in his hands....thatz all and thaz it

great moderator. I like the balanced attitude. :roll:

Shame on you , you should know better.
Last edited by Kris76 on Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By peezie Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:58 pm
WTF? This is an MPC FORUM. Shame on you, you should know better. Go back to Roland forums.
Kris76 wrote:
Shame on you , you should know better.
:roll:

I thouhgt MV was supposed to be light years ahead of mpc? Now they're just only 'equally good'?
Last edited by peezie on Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Kris76 Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:00 pm
I have an mpc :roll:

By Science Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:49 pm
mv 8000 :roll:

By Upright Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:47 am
Murahachibu wrote:Gear bashing is pointless. It's all about the person behind the machine. Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oThXwURLLhs

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That dude is strait sick!!1 Unbelieveable, what machine is he using, anyone know??

By distortedtekno Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:58 am
Alesis HR-16

By Upright Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:03 am
Wow, released 1988 (approximately). Crazy.