Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.

By GritKitz Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:26 pm
Hmmm. After further research it does indeed appear i am wrong.

Still to be honest tho, i saw an sp12 go for 350 notes ($700) on ebay uk. Thats a lot of money for 2 seconds sampling time.

I don't think i will bother with sp1200 tho.

Next i am going to get roland s330.

Don't like using same gear as everyone else.

By Tohtruck Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:03 am
Anyone have any A/B comparisons between the SP's and/or Emax with the older E-MU Emulator samplers?

By Upright Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:44 am
GritKitz wrote:Don't like using same gear as everyone else.

LOL :D

By soopa Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:09 am
GritKitz wrote:
Don't like using same gear as everyone else.

then why are you on a mpc site?

By 950skweezyotitties Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:27 am
it was a bit akward..?
nah it was just funny n neither of us took the insults serious... oh yeah that dont happen on the mpc forums right?

By 950skweezyotitties Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:33 am
Tohtruck wrote:Anyone have any A/B comparisons between the SP's and/or Emax with the older E-MU Emulator samplers?

not many heads rock samplers before the sp12 and the emax. youre lookin for ei and eii comparisons? to the sp?

By Lotuz Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:57 am
Tohtruck wrote:Anyone have any A/B comparisons between the SP's and/or Emax with the older E-MU Emulator samplers?

There's an Emulator II for sale on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/E-Mu-EMU-Emulator-I ... dZViewItem

http://www.emulatorarchive.com/Archives ... rview.html

It looks very sexy with the same design as the SP-12. And it will probably sound similar too, but there's only one way to find out really. And I can't afford to give it a try. :(

By Tohtruck Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:47 am
950skweezyotitties wrote:

not many heads rock samplers before the sp12 and the emax. youre lookin for ei and eii comparisons? to the sp?

Or EIII comparisons. Any Emulators, I've never even heard one before, except in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, when he was rockin' the burp samples.