Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By SFTRAXx Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:34 pm
I have an Air 2 and ipad pro 2 12" and overall using the iPad for beats is dope.

Especially with things like Aum and all the AuV3's that are available. A combination of apps will get the job done.

Some of my favs are Korg Gadget, Koala Sampler, BM3, IMPC Pro 2, etc.

That said, you are limited by a few things:
The age of the iPad, the peripherals you do or do not have, the apps you do or do not have and the $$$ you do or do not have to put it all together. :vomit: :lol:

That said, bringing it back to iMPC Pro /2, its a dumbed down version of the MPC experience but still has note repeat and more than enough features to put together some serious heat.

Hope that helps

Peace
By NearTao Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:08 pm
an iPad with Loopy Pro is a serious product... no matter what other hardware or software you may have.

Plus concur, Gadget, Koala, and so much more on the iPad makes a really rich ecosystem over there.

I do feel like having some kind of external controller, knobs, pads, key bed... something... makes it much more tactile and approachable. Tapping on a screen is fine... but at some point probably not the experience you'll always be looking for.
By Lampdog Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:01 am
No externals required to get busy imo. Making beats “in the glass” is great.
Animoog Z’s ASE and Magellan’s MPE, shiiiiiiii,it’s great in BM3.
By Neurone Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:39 am
File management.
Apple gave in ages ago and added mouse support, external display support (just don't expect it to fill a 16:9 screen), external storage support, etc etc.
But actually managing files, folders, network shares is a total drag.
It's just clunky and badly designed on purpose.

So making the music is easy, a breeze, they're great devices.
When it comes to managing output, sharing projects, exporting, it can become a real pfaf.

Essentially, an iPad Pro is actually a better prospect than a Macbook Pro in many cases, but Apple don't want them to cannibalize sales of the other, so they nerfed the iPads.
In most cases both sets of devices are using the same CPU or even entire SOC, so making an iPad as flexible as the desktops or notebooks should be easy, but they don't want that.

Apple man....Apple.
By SFTRAXx Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:37 am
Neurone wrote:File management.
Apple man....Apple.

I agree. Audioshare, the Files App, etc its still a headache and leaves a lot to be desired..
Dropbox is ok but still.

TBH I'm at the point where my iPad is a beast of a sound module for my Live 2 (as well as my DAW) and a backup Beat station if I need something light and portable.

:nod: