Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By b.read Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:27 pm
I think so...looks like the top is like you said, a section you slide your ipad into, with a hinged (hopefully) lower that contains the pads.

edit: whoops...a minute too slow.
By Ill-Green Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:47 pm
Damn, how is it that the Studio and the Fly look so **** sexy, while the Renaissance (the flagship) looks like a 99 cent controller???

This product alone is giving me a reason to cop an iPad2. I could definitely see myself rocking this than the R.
By b.read Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:17 pm
They could have it unfold in three segments-

like a trapper keeper :lol:
By MeSoHordey Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:24 pm
Retrofreak wrote:
b.read wrote:Yep...most intriguing one to me as well.

^^^Agreed.

I wonder if they'll do an MPC Fly II with a micro keyboard at a later date?

They could call it the MPC Flyer and put wheels on it! Yeah...uhm..yeah. /shuffles out to watch another awkward kyle video in OT.
By scoobylol Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:34 pm
I've also just had a thought...

Say if the Fly DID have a single set of audio inputs and outputs, on top of the iPads stereo output, you could then assign certain tracks to the latter within the software, and if you had the correct cabling, send it back to the inputs and voila you would then have the power to have send/return for using external gear.

You're welcome Akai. :lol:
By b.read Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:32 pm
Welcome to the forum mpcrenfan... 8)
By JAH Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:00 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Damn, how is it that the Studio and the Fly look so **** sexy, while the Renaissance (the flagship) looks like a 99 cent controller???

This product alone is giving me a reason to cop an iPad2. I could definitely see myself rocking this than the R.

History repeats itself...I am feeling Deja Vu here.

My prediction (did I spell that right?):
If all products use the same software, there will be hundreds of Studio and Fly users that stay in the MPC Ren Forum tell all its users that they wasted their money because they have the same features for less money and the fact its portable. Then there will be a backlash because MPC Studio and Fly users wil believe Akai is intentionally limiting the Studio and Fly's OS because they want more MPC Ren sales. Then the MPC Ren users will spam the Studio and Fly forums, telling them that they have a less professional product and they are more calculators instead of a real MPC :lol: Sounds familar?

If they can all accomplish the samething, I will probably buy all 3 expecially if I can start a project on one and finish it one the other.
By b.read Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:03 pm
JAH wrote:If they can all accomplish the samething, I will probably buy all 3 expecially if I can start a project on one and finish it one the other.

Just curious, if you had all three- I can see the ren being the workhorse and the fly being the travel-heavy machine, what purpose with the studio serve?
By JamesJeffery Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:22 pm
I've just started using the Lemur app with Battery. Pretty dope man for traveling, just a shame no good app exists where I can load samples and chop. Just something to jam with especially for improving finger drumming. Lemur + Battery still means laptop so can't do anything on the bus, or in the park.

Would be really good if the Fly could do this.
By emptysea Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:56 pm
JamesJeffery wrote:Image

If this is real, Nukai might actually be doing something innovative for a change and would deserve props for making the effort. They would be smart to have it support CoreMIDI but they didn't do it for the Synthstation25 so I don't expect it with this either. Probably gonna be way overpriced anyway.