Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By MoreBuck$ Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:57 am
Coz wrote:I hope Akai have allowed for the fact the iPad 3 is going to be slightly thicker than the iPad 2.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/01/11/ipa ... shipments/

I bet they haven't and they've sunk all there money into it :lol: :lol: :lol:

BRING BACK THE BEAT WANGZ, ALL IS FORGIVEN.
At least they were fun to destroy, this is just sad :cry:
By MeSoHordey Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:30 am
Coz wrote:I hope Akai have allowed for the fact the iPad 3 is going to be slightly thicker than the iPad 2.

Their recently released synth station supports 3 models of iphone out of the box. I imagine they'll be ok.
By JamesJeffery Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:42 am
MeSoHordey wrote:

Their recently released synth station supports 3 models of iphone out of the box. I imagine they'll be ok.

I downloaded this earlier on the iPad to have a little play about with it. Soon as I loaded it up it shut down. I'll give them the benefit though because it's likely I need to update to iOS 5 to get it to work correctly.
By MeSoHordey Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:55 am
JamesJeffery wrote:
MeSoHordey wrote:

I downloaded this earlier on the iPad to have a little play about with it. Soon as I loaded it up it shut down. I'll give them the benefit though because it's likely I need to update to iOS 5 to get it to work correctly.

I'm hearing that happens a lot. I haven't had any problems though on either OS.
By Blue Haze Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:54 am
Damn Jeff you are on a roll with the info.

I got a old g iPad so I guess the mpc fly is out of the pic if I couldn't just use the app itself. :evil:
By hiphopblues Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:03 pm
Is MPC Fly for Ipad only, or will my Ipod Touch work with it? Not sure I will be getting an Ipad any time soon. Also, since there are so many iphones out there, it would be smart for Akai to have an iphone/ipod version. This is the one I am most interested in.

Hiphopblues
By JamesJeffery Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:05 pm
Blue Haze wrote:Damn Jeff you are on a roll with the info.

I got a old g iPad so I guess the mpc fly is out of the pic if I couldn't just use the app itself. :evil:

I got the first gen iPad too. I don't know what all they hype is about with these newer iPads mine works flawlessly. I only really have music apps on it and can't say I've had any issues using them.

I was wondering if the app could be used with the attachment too. I've still yet to find an MPC type app, even if its just for finger drumming practice.
By DBM Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:58 pm
So the only real question is the Hardware a dongle like the Line6 pod app or can I just buy the app and use the screen / one of the three midi pads I have already ?
And will it or any of these be actually released this year ( my EIE is still not here ? )

Completely off topic , but I noticed the Studio has the ever growing iOS devices ( iRig midi / Line6 midi mobilizer etc. ) popular choice of using Midi i/o with 1/4 or 1/8 inch Ts/Trs jacks on one end ... does anyone know of a manufacture that sells these ?

Makes me curious how many people will now go to Guitar centers and ask for the elusive " audio to midi jack " and now only be half wrong lol
By cyrus Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:29 pm
hiphopblues wrote:Is MPC Fly for Ipad only, or will my Ipod Touch work with it? Not sure I will be getting an Ipad any time soon. Also, since there are so many iphones out there, it would be smart for Akai to have an iphone/ipod version. This is the one I am most interested in.

Hiphopblues

I wonder too. I'd like iphone version, I was actually hoping for an mpd 32 like controller you could dock the iphone into and it would act exactly like an mpc2500, just with the iphone as the brains.
By hyp Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:18 am
this is probably the most interesting new product for me. i'm finding the iPad to be one of the most robust and slept on music tools at the moment and this is just proof that companies are finally getting with the times. dope stuff, can't wait to see this in action.
By Lampdog Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:49 am
b.read wrote:What purpose with the studio serve?

For the travelers that don't have ipads or anything apple related.
By psr Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:55 am
cyrus wrote:
hiphopblues wrote:Is MPC Fly for Ipad only, or will my Ipod Touch work with it? Not sure I will be getting an Ipad any time soon. Also, since there are so many iphones out there, it would be smart for Akai to have an iphone/ipod version. This is the one I am most interested in.

Hiphopblues

I wonder too. I'd like iphone version, I was actually hoping for an mpd 32 like controller you could dock the iphone into and it would act exactly like an mpc2500, just with the iphone as the brains.

I suspect its a likely addition for the future... similar to the Animoog they had the iphone version out within no time. Same with MPK49 within a year i think they had the entire series of MPK's available. MPD too what did it start with the 16? then 24 and 32 (pardon me if I have the models wrong but you get the idea) they trend towards developing lines this way. if the first iteration is a hit then they expand the line.
By b.read Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:48 pm
Lampdog wrote:
b.read wrote:What purpose with the studio serve?

For the travelers that don't have ipads or anything apple related.

Right, I get that....but dude was talking about buying all THREE. :lol: If he's buying a fly, I'm assuming he's got an ipad, but you know what they say about when you "assume" things. 8)

Just curious, did I miss where we got the news this will not with 1st gen ipads? You guys are talking like you've gotta have an ipad2 for this. :?
By DJ Hellfire Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:37 pm
JamesJeffery wrote:Here is the MPC Fly. Leaked images by me. Say thanks.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, since I only skimmed this thread. But the iPad is pretty **** heavy. The pad section is gonna have to be a bit heavier and just about the same exact dimensions (or slightly bigger) than the ipad to keep the thing from tipping back. Obviously (at least I hope), they have took that into consideration. But now how heavy is this shit gonna be together? And is the weight of the iPad gonna wear out whatever mechanism they use for keeping it in the tilted position?!