Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By MONSTA Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:37 pm
Doron wrote:
onassism wrote:Can u input sounds, so u can chop it up? or can u sample from utube? if u can it's going b crazy

you can do all of the above....chk the vid

NYCE
By EmuSp1200YamahaRs7000 Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:30 am
I thought akai would of made the fly like the synthstation where you dock your ipod or ipad to the mpc pad base and play...........dont like the app that much and its kind of limited.
By BassToTheFace Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:17 am
EmuSp1200YamahaRs7000 wrote:I thought akai would of made the fly like the synthstation where you dock your ipod or ipad to the mpc pad base and play...........dont like the app that much and its kind of limited.

ehh. you can only expect so much from a portable app version of an mpc. I'll probably download the app since it's less than $10 but I dont see myself spending $400 on the hardware version, with that much I'd be better off spending another $100+ on 1000 or MV8800
By Sooty_G Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:31 pm
i have to say this is the only thing that akai has released in a long time that i find somewhat interesting.

akai definitely should have put at least 1 physical slider in the hardware case, tho. it's good to have your hand on a qlink when you are hitting a pad, to record your tweaks in realtime.

software seems a little gimped. there needs to be a mode, when the ipad is in the case, for the onscreen hardware controls to disappear and the full screen to be filled with just the software interface. if i have the pad controller attatched i don't need to see the pads on the screen again, especially when they take up like 80% of the screen.

i'd love to see JJ come out with a JJ OS for the iPad that was compatable with the MPC FLY controller! :twisted: :lol:
By DJ Hellfire Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:40 pm
Sooty_G wrote:akai definitely should have put at least 1 physical slider in the hardware case, tho. it's good to have your hand on a qlink when you are hitting a pad, to record your tweaks in realtime.

How would you suppose you'd close the case when not using it if there was a physical slider?
By Lampdog Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:46 pm
I was thinking that too, you couldn't close it.
By tapedeck Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:54 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
Sooty_G wrote:akai definitely should have put at least 1 physical slider in the hardware case, tho. it's good to have your hand on a qlink when you are hitting a pad, to record your tweaks in realtime.

How would you suppose you'd close the case when not using it if there was a physical slider?

low profile slider like on the korg nano series
or a knob like on the studio
or a touchstrip

you guys arent very creative :-o :idea:
jk <3
By DJ Hellfire Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:01 pm
tapedeck wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:

low profile slider like on the korg nano series
or a knob like on the studio
or a touchstrip

you guys arent very creative :-o :idea:
jk <3

There's no way you can be accurate or precise with a touch slider with a big ass finger. And I doubt you can fit a physical low profile slider on there that would not stick up higher than the pads to avoid scratching the screen.
By tapedeck Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:05 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:There's no way you can be accurate or precise with a touch slider with a big ass finger. And I doubt you can fit a physical low profile slider on there that would not stick up higher than the pads to avoid scratching the screen.

what about a fat ass touch strip!?
edit: i dont think accuracy + precision is really the realm of the fly, know what i mean?

or a REALLY low profile slider with rubber cap?

or like i said the knobs like on the studio?

not tryin to argue, just sayin it's possible ... i personally dont care either way
:mrgreen:
By Lampdog Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:11 pm
:lol: @ dudes wanting knobs.

jk, themz jokes.
By tapedeck Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:20 pm
Lampdog wrote::lol: @ dudes wanting knobs.
jk, themz jokes.

i aint jokin when i say i want strips...mpc be damned
By Lampdog Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:32 pm
Now see your gonna have me going and frying up some strips now, dammit man.

or sliders

By tapedeck Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:08 pm
**** derailed ass thread .... i just had to go get fingered

wait... i mean stripped....
i mean....
damn good chicken.
By Sooty_G Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:48 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:

yeah, like others have said, just use a low profile slider. the groove the slider moved in could be recessed into the case, so that the top of the slider itself would still be flush with the surface. asr-10s have a slider kind of like this.

you could also use a slider with a removable cap. just pull the cap off the slider before you close the case.