Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By JAH Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:54 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Care to elaborate on that one?

MPC 5000 Forum
By m:t:c Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:08 pm
I believe when I see.
By konc3pt Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:07 pm
psr wrote:I'm rocking the IO dock with my ipad2 using animoog and korg apps but I cant wait to get my hands on the MPC Fly. Thats the one I've been waiting on. I travel and i recently stopped carrying my laptop because I got the ipad now. this is perfect. gotta have it.

---------> edit
lost me with this line here

Sequence four tracks simultaneously: four-track mixer built in

-----------
wowsers son only 4?!

Are you having any problems with the IO dock? Im reading nothing but complaints after iOS 5 update
By MeSoHordey Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:11 pm
inthemix wrote:Is it only black dudes that will be using these products then ? Not seen a white face in any of the promo stuff ??

... Another fail !

You can tell it's white guys directing though...

"ok hold the studio like this, turn toward the camera and them slip it into your satchel"

"guys, guys, guys, ok jump with joy toward the camera!"

"guys, I want you to play tug on the device like you're fighting over it. Haha, no don't pull out your Glock, we're just pretending here"

Seriously though. I don't care about the color of dudes in the video. I have been seriously annoyed by the focus on modeling device over actually demonstrating more of the features.
By scoobylol Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:27 pm
Some interesting information here taken from Synthtopia:

MPC Fly iPad App

Sequence four tracks simultaneously: four-track mixer built in
Built in sound library of samples and drum kits
Record and overdub sequences and create and edit your own Programs
16-Levels mode: play one sample at 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
Note variation slider allows you to manipulate attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable Swing setting
Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing
Sample using internal mic or line-in and trim and categorize samples
Sample from your iPod library with turntable interface
Share on SoundCloud, Facebook or twitter
Supports WIST, Wireless Sync Start protocol from Korg
Supports AudioPaste

4 tracks seems ridiculously limited. But it certainly retains the element of creativity and how to squeeze the most out of your samples!

Sampling looks great, as does the WIST support.

EDIT: Thinking about it though Auria have announced 48-Track recording, so this app actually sounds pretty sh*t.

I wonder if the hardware is compatible with other apps?

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2012/01/17/auria-48-track-recording-system-for-ipad/
By MeSoHordey Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:41 pm
Sampling from ipod library sounds cool.

I wonder if they actually mean there are more than four tracks but you can only sequence four at a time? It's weird because I rarely sequence more than one at a time.
By Coz Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:44 pm
scoobylol wrote:I wonder if the hardware is compatible with other apps?

More to the point, I wonder if the software is even compatible with their new product line?!! ???
By scoobylol Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:48 pm
Hmm interesting point MeSo, but I'm unsure as to why there'd only be a four-track mixer in that case?

Unless you build up different layers of 4 and virtually buss them?

I hope that gets cleared up soon.
By b.read Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:52 pm
Ugh...they done did it. Made it compatible only for the ipad 2...I'm out. :roll:
By MeSoHordey Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:54 pm
b.read wrote:Ugh...they done did it. Made it compatible only for the ipad 2...I'm out. :roll:

wow. bummer. same i guess. i haven't found a reason to upgrade a perfectly good ipad 1.
By konc3pt Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:08 pm
:roll: I'll let yall know how it works :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:
By MeSoHordey Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:21 pm
konc3pt wrote::roll: I'll let yall know how it works :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

Please. I'm going to need to hear a lot of opinions before I drop $500 on one.
By crossings Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:24 pm
Explicit- wrote:Garbage.

the fact that they would even call that thing an MPC annoys the hell outta me...
By cyrus Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:53 pm
okay, so this thing is pretty cool. but im still kind of unsure a little bit. Seems like it could just totally fail for 500 bones. not to mention you already have had to spend quid on an ipad2.

for me, its more about price that makes me weary. I think its awesome idea, awesome that we have something like this out there....innovative actually. But thats alot of quid to drop on something like this - unless i guess it is your main gear, or you actually need the portability, but practically minded, the other controllers make more sense - laptops are portable, the mpc studio looks portable, so why drop the money on this?

some questions I have:
1.sampling your library is cool, but you still have to sync it to the ipad, seems like an extra step, plus you are dealing with mp3 quality. Don't know what to think about that?
2.what happens when the next ipad comes out? compatible? left behind? "oh, guess what, we no longer support that ipad because the new features won't work on the old one, and now we sell the new controller because apple decided to put out a new ipad, so you ipad2 users need to go buy the new ipad - suckers"

So I like iphones, ipads, mobile devices, innovation, etc. but the developer in me says its wierd tying yourself to a propietary device like the ipad2.

"hey guys, im going to make the best software/controller ever, but you can only use it on this one specific device"

okay, so maybe im just being too negative about it.....I do like it, and if i owned an ipad2, i would get it, but i'd rather drop my quid on the other controllers because in the long run just seems to be a better purchase......

guess im still on the fence...I think an iphone/ipod controller would have made more sense, but dunno, maybe im just biased because i have one :)
By master-ceo Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:08 pm
If you buying a iPad just to get a FLY that would be a major fail imo.

The FLY looks lamer to me more and more as the hours pass. The MPC Studio whith a small powerful laptop makes more sense and A MPC500 and a iPad is a way better combo than FLY and iPad.

AKAI need to get off that crack. The MPC fly is a turd in my book. A **** Toy.