Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By labcoats Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:01 pm
Coz wrote:"MPC App works with iPad & iPad 2
(Hardware works with iPad 2 only)"

The iPad 3 will be out before this and will probably be incompatible. ???

FAIL!

Very few (if any) music apps for the ipad have been coded specifically to take advantage of the dual processors. They have been designed to work with Ipad1, as is the case with the vast majority of apps. This is now changing and its a good thing as the dual processor is very capable. Ipad 1 still has a lot of life left in it though.
By labcoats Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:08 pm
There is little doubt this will give you the feel and playability of the real deal, and its even better on account of it being miniaturised, able to fold in to a carrier bag + imagine how cool you will look and feel in Starbucks as you create your next masterpiece. I mean who wants to actually experience the feel of playing a real instrument. Thats so 2010 :mrgreen:
By keepitcherry Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:15 pm
i dont understand all the "make beats wherever you are" hype. i live in stockton, cali - if i pulled one of these things out in public id get mugged in about 10 minutes real talk. that aside - why do i want to make beats on the go? id rather get home roll a couple up and get in my comfy leather chair
By Dan L Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:55 pm
keepitcherry wrote:i dont understand all the "make beats wherever you are" hype. i live in stockton, cali - if i pulled one of these things out in public id get mugged in about 10 minutes real talk. that aside - why do i want to make beats on the go? id rather get home roll a couple up and get in my comfy leather chair

I buy some parts from mustangs plus in Stockton all the time. Def have to keep your head on a swivel in some spots.
By konc3pt Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:16 pm
MeSoHordey wrote:
konc3pt wrote::roll: I'll let yall know how it works :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

Please. I'm going to need to hear a lot of opinions before I drop $500 on one.

I think I changed my mind :mrgreen: :lol:
By distortedtekno Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:51 pm
My opinion of having a product like this on the market is more like being able to port the MPC experience to several platforms. just like video games ported from pc/mac to playstation, x-box, etc. So it gives those who want choices all across the board... hardware MPCs, Software MPCs for PC/Mac, and now the iPad due to the growing number of pro music apps that are appealing to musicians of all types.
2012 is a helluva year! :lol:
By onassism Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:58 pm
Can u input sounds, so u can chop it up? or can u sample from utube? if u can it's going b crazy
By psr Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:13 am
keepitcherry wrote:i dont understand all the "make beats wherever you are" hype. i live in stockton, cali - if i pulled one of these things out in public id get mugged in about 10 minutes real talk. that aside - why do i want to make beats on the go? id rather get home roll a couple up and get in my comfy leather chair

Different strokes for different folks. i travel for my 9 to 5 and would love to have had something portable to make beats with like this during long flights or lay overs or even the 2 3 4 day stays in boring hotel rooms. it just depends on your needs.

i think what akai can say now is we have something for you no matter what your preference is. You are DJ, MPCDJ. you travel a lot - MPC Fly, roaming producer from time to time -MPC Studio, studio rat with an affinity for the power of your computer and MPC - MPC Ren, you hate all this tiddly winks kid machine stuff connected to the computer - MPC 2500 / 5000 etc and so on.
By hyp Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:35 am
the app sounds severely limited. if they can somehow squeeze virtual midi in as a feature it may be worth a look. as it stands, beatmaker 2 is the best MPC style app out there, hands down.
By Doron Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:49 am
My main concern is the ability to set the levels on the FLY like on the MPC 2XL's Mixer
By BassToTheFace Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:34 am
psr wrote:

Different strokes for different folks. i travel for my 9 to 5 and would love to have had something portable to make beats with like this during long flights or lay overs or even the 2 3 4 day stays in boring hotel rooms. it just depends on your needs.

i think what akai can say now is we have something for you no matter what your preference is. You are DJ, MPCDJ. you travel a lot - MPC Fly, roaming producer from time to time -MPC Studio, studio rat with an affinity for the power of your computer and MPC - MPC Ren, you hate all this tiddly winks kid machine stuff connected to the computer - MPC 2500 / 5000 etc and so on.

I'm pretty sure thats what they had in mind when they made it. You can't exactly travel around with a mpc or even a laptop and something like the maschine. sure that could work for in a hotel, but not on the plane, in the airport, on a bus, train, etc. where as the mpc fly can do that. the only thing that I think could be used in a similar way to the mpc fly as portable for on planes and such would be the beat thang, but we know how everyone here feels about that :lol:
By MONSTA Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:42 am
inthemix wrote:Is it only black dudes that will be using these products then ? Not seen a white face in any of the promo stuff ??

... Another fail !
you allready know the answer to that .. music has no color ..
By Doron Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:37 pm
onassism wrote:Can u input sounds, so u can chop it up? or can u sample from utube? if u can it's going b crazy

you can do all of the above....chk the vid