Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By 64padzzx3 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:36 pm
Does anybody out there know if the software for these will be on a disc or downloadable,just asking cause me personally I don't use media anymore less clutter IMO.
By Sm0keydaBear Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:54 am
I was wondering the same, actually. Will the MPC Fly software on the iPad be a separate purchase, or will it be included with the MPC Fly? As we all know, it is CoreMIDI compatible and will be 300$, but what about the software? I'm pretty sure it will be all included with the Ren and Studio, but what's left to question is the Fly.
By BassToTheFace Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:09 am
Sm0keydaBear wrote:I was wondering the same, actually. Will the MPC Fly software on the iPad be a separate purchase, or will it be included with the MPC Fly? As we all know, it is CoreMIDI compatible and will be 300$, but what about the software? I'm pretty sure it will be all included with the Ren and Studio, but what's left to question is the Fly.

I'm pretty sure the MPC Fly video said it was an app. So I could imagine them including some type of code you put in to basically get it for free if you buy the fly. I don't know if it'll be the exact same on the fly as the studio and ren
By Sabotage Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:26 pm
The problem here would be how Apple does their thing with the app store. They are not known to be too flexible about things.

For example, when beatmaker 2 came out, and people who recently purchased the first app asked maybe for a tiny discount or something such. The devs response was "Sadly we cannot do that because Apple does not allow that for the app store".

The reason behind this is that Apple will loose money everytime you get a discount. The money has to come from somewhere. Either you pay the full sum or the developer must do so.

I'm certain Akai has handled this some way, the question remains how?
By DJ Hellfire Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:03 pm
Sabotage wrote:The problem here would be how Apple does their thing with the app store. They are not known to be too flexible about things.

For example, when beatmaker 2 came out, and people who recently purchased the first app asked maybe for a tiny discount or something such. The devs response was "Sadly we cannot do that because Apple does not allow that for the app store".

The reason behind this is that Apple will loose money everytime you get a discount. The money has to come from somewhere. Either you pay the full sum or the developer must do so.

This actually has nothing to do with this topic! :lol: Although I see what you're saying, the OP isn't talking about upgrading to MPC Ren version 2. He's asking if the software will be included as a physical DVD as well as downloadable. For example, most software you buy online today, you can either have the DVD shipped to you, or you can just download it from your account after you register/pay for it, or both. Those downloads are always available to redownload from your account anytime, the same as any App you buy from the AppStore is.
By BassToTheFace Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:29 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
Sabotage wrote:The problem here would be how Apple does their thing with the app store. They are not known to be too flexible about things.

This actually has nothing to do with this topic! :lol: Although I see what you're saying, the OP isn't talking about upgrading to MPC Ren version 2. He's asking if the software will be included as a physical DVD as well as downloadable. For example, most software you buy online today, you can either have the DVD shipped to you, or you can just download it from your account after you register/pay for it, or both. Those downloads are always available to redownload from your account anytime, the same as any App you buy from the AppStore is.

It actually does have something to do with the topic. He's talking about the software for the MPC Fly. and last time I had problems with my itunes account I had to repay for apps/songs that I had already downloaded on the same account. Maybe things have changed since then though.
By DJ Hellfire Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:58 am
BassToTheFace wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:

It actually does have something to do with the topic. He's talking about the software for the MPC Fly. and last time I had problems with my itunes account I had to repay for apps/songs that I had already downloaded on the same account. Maybe things have changed since then though.

Really??? Hmmm, well you need to hook me up with whatever connect you have that can get AppStore apps on disc! :lol:

64padzzx3 wrote:Does anybody out there know if the software for these will be on a disc or downloadable,just asking cause me personally I don't use media anymore less clutter IMO.

For some strange reason I'm not picking up that the OP is talking about an iPad app! :? :roll:

Either way, any app you buy syncs and saves to your computer and it all get's saved under your apple id. So even if you delete the app, you can still redownload it for free by logging in with your account and clicking the purchase button, which will recognize your account and let you download the app for free. If your account, has issues that require you to open a new account, I'm sure your purchase invoices will be enough to get your paid apps back and authorized on your new account. If you don't have your invoices that they send you with every app download, then I don't know what to tell you!
By Blue Haze Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:24 am
For Ren and Studio the software comes with the unit no download on a disc.

The mpc fly is a totally different software akin to the 2xl series and the app with be downloadable at the iTunes store with or without the controller. Of course if you buy the mpc fly controller a disc, stick, or code will come with the app.

Two different ranges of software and abilities.