Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By psr Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:01 pm
So there will be a red MPC Fly option

interesting. now if they could somehow get past that 4 track sequence business. Especially if the limitation is specific to iPad one's compatibility. Forget the ipad one and take advantage of ipad 2 and 3's processing power. no less than 8 to 16 track sequence

but the red joint is kind of "FLY"

Last edited by psr on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By b.read Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:16 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Here's hoping that they'll have a ipad1 option.

fixed. :!:
By gertie Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:20 pm
wow, it puts an ipad into the professional environment :
and then he says there wouldnt be any point in keeping in the ipad :lol:
whens it going to be realsed...the SOME ER TIME...

By iB-BOY! Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:24 am
Still no information about I/O ?
By sparq Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:13 pm
b.read wrote:

i doubt that would happen. that's just like saying i wish developers still make mac software for my old G4 MBP.(not that i really have a G4) for those of us who have old devices will have two choices: either watch and envy others in wonderment or chalk it up and by the current device that will support the new software.
By b.read Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:17 pm
I think a g4 is a little older than my ipad1 :lol: but I know what you mean. Shit, I only got it two years ago...I ain't asking them to throw in a SCSI port.
By sparq Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:44 pm
b.read wrote:...I ain't asking them to throw in a SCSI port.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
By Ill-Green Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:32 pm
At least the app will be compatible with iPad1. But then again, thats like rubbing a clit behind a glass.
By BassToTheFace Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:57 am
sparq wrote:
b.read wrote:

i doubt that would happen. that's just like saying i wish developers still make mac software for my old G4 MBP.(not that i really have a G4) for those of us who have old devices will have two choices: either watch and envy others in wonderment or chalk it up and by the current device that will support the new software.

When did the G4 come out? ipad1 is only a couple years old. maybe apple should adopt akai's method of releasing the next version of products, and have a 4 year gap between them :lol:
By BassToTheFace Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:58 am
Ill-Green wrote:At least the app will be compatible with iPad1. But then again, thats like rubbing a clit behind a glass.

thats all i care about to be honest. I'm not going to a fly which is half the price of a studio just to produce on the go. I'm not on the go that much :lol:
By psr Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:26 am
maybe i'm wrong but I thought they said the fly is for the ipad 1 and 2. the limitations of the 1 is the reason it only does 4 track sequencing. similar to the io dock is for the 1 and 2 just if you use it with the 2 there is a slim little adapter board piece that slides in and locks in place.
By sparq Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:39 pm
psr wrote:maybe i'm wrong but I thought they said the fly is for the ipad 1 and 2.
everything that i read about said the fly was designed for the ipad 2. I never heard/read about ipad1 compatibility. maybe i'm wrong.

I mentioned G4 to state old technology. I could have said G5. the point to that is you can't get mac software to work on a NON intel mac anymore. the ipad 1 shipped with ios 3.x and now we're on ios 5