Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By MeSoHordey Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:30 am
Oprah Winfrey wrote:
MeSoHordey wrote:
Oprah Winfrey wrote:
:shock: Weird... cuz I'm using the ipad 3 and I don't have ANY problems getting it to function in the io dock. If you have the ipad 2 adapter on TAKE IT OFF.... It def wont fit with the ipad 2 adapter attached. Once I took it off the ipad 3 slid right in with no problem and works perfectly.... Holla back cuz I'm curious... actually I've read on nanostudio's forums that MOST people had problem but a couple got it to work.... ????able

I went from the original ipad to the ipad 3, so never used the ipad 2 connector. I always felt the 30-pin connector on the dock was a little sketchy even with the first ipad. Mine just never fit very well. So when I bought the ipad 3, I checked around and found out that you can damage your ipad 3 if you try to use it with the current io dock. Granted, I've gotten most of my information from the following thread: http://community.alesis.com/alesis/topics/alesis_io_dock_and_ipad3

Here is a temporary solution: http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-3FT-30-PIN-Dock-Extender-Extension-cable-cord-for-iPhone-4-iPod-/300740911662?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item46058e222e

Oh sweet. I am going to order one tonight since i can see myself using it for more than just the io dock. Thanks!
By Metatron72 Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:05 am
Oprah Winfrey wrote:
MeSoHordey wrote:I'm done buying ipad hardware that ends up only working with a specific version. It feels like Apple changes things (like the direction of the 30-pin connector) just to help spur the 3rd party add-on market.

I've been waiting for 3 months for Alesis to put out an iodock adapter for the ipad 3 all because of a 2 milimeter difference in the location of the connector on the ipad 3. It's freaking ridiculous.

:shock: Weird... cuz I'm using the ipad 3 and I don't have ANY problems getting it to function in the io dock. If you have the ipad 2 adapter on TAKE IT OFF.... It def wont fit with the ipad 2 adapter attached. Once I took it off the ipad 3 slid right in with no problem and works perfectly.... Holla back cuz I'm curious... actually I've read on nanostudio's forums that MOST people had problem but a couple got it to work.... ????able

Good to know, thanks. I have my iPad 1 in my I/O dock, I didn't get a spacer in the package or even the card to mail for one. I figured even if they make the iPad HD spacer Alesis wouldn't actually give me one.

I do feel kind of stupid for not even trying to slide the iPad HD in the dock, but now I will. :oops:
By JazzyDrewProductions Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:38 pm
jpeg wrote:think the fly looks good that perfect for all the hours wasted on the train cumuting so im looking to purchase an ipad for that , plus the other apps are pretty cool.

i dont need lotta over technical tools just simple stuff cos my style and based off complexities and technology its off vibe and ideas.

I wouldn't waste your money on the fly when it does ever come out. iMPC is actually pretty fun. And it is a much more viable tool when used in conjunction with Tabletop because you can then sequence your entire song with Tabletops triggerator. But to be honest BeatMaker2 is a far more capable beat making app than iMPC. It's learning curve is a bit steeper but it is better. I have both and use both but I must say that to spend hundreds of dollars on a controller that has Zero extra features than the touch screen and goes with an App that is in all honesty is not the best wouldn't be wise. If you spend the 7 bucks on iMPC and zero dollars on tabletop you have a pretty capable beatmaker and considering you're probly gonna drop 6 benjis on an ipad you could save the money for something else. Anyways good luck with whatever you do. If you want check out this beat I did with iMPC by itself no post production no prechopping samples. I did everything within the app. And then uploaded directly to soundcloud from iMPC. Here
www.soundcloud.com/lazydrew/in-love-at-my-living-room