Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By MeSoHordey Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:54 pm
Does anyone know which midi note Pad 4 is mapped to? I set up my LPD 8 with the iMPC software and realized that Akai completely jumbled up the pad mappings in a totally nonsensical way. As far as I can tell, Akai have not posted these mappings anywhere.

It couldn't be that they want to make it hard for the average consumer to hook up their own hardware to it, could it? I mean for **** sake, at least provide an auto learn button ****. But I guess they want to sell more Fly's

Anyways, I have finally mapped everything but pad 4. It doesn't seem to respond to any midi note...
By Metatron72 Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:26 pm
Load it in Tabletop and use the MIDI learn function to map the pads there. I haven't tried to map the standalone yet although I'm about to try. But the pad mapping in Tabletop definitely works. (Seemingly with no velocity sensitivity. Add that to the HUGE list of missing things you would take for granted, **** **** is right...)
By coolderb Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm
Metatron72 wrote:Load it in Tabletop and use the MIDI learn function to map the pads there. I haven't tried to map the standalone yet although I'm about to try. But the pad mapping in Tabletop definitely works. (Seemingly with no velocity sensitivity. Add that to the HUGE list of missing things you would take for granted, **** **** is right...)

So the 4 track limitation is not a technical or programming limitation it is more of a marketing ploy. The standalone iMPC app. could have more than 4 tracks now,but they are deliberately withholding features (such as that and midi) in the standalone app.

I hate being nickel and dimed.....