Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By qbaser Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:44 pm
Testing the exported sequence data...

So I have sync'd my ipad with the iMPC on itunes containing sequence data (and sound files) I exported.

However it does not seem to show the added sequence data on my ipad?

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong or is it not possible to import sequence data?

Al
By coolderb Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:58 am
qbaser wrote:Testing the exported sequence data...

So I have sync'd my ipad with the iMPC on itunes containing sequence data (and sound files) I exported.

However it does not seem to show the added sequence data on my ipad?

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong or is it not possible to import sequence data?

Al

The Export feature exports sequences, kits, and samples FROM the Ipad to the computer. It does not have the capability to export TO the Ipad.

That feature has been requested, but Retronyms is busy with other stuff right now.
By qbaser Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:37 am
Thank you. So if 'import' sequences is not possible why is even possible to export sequences? For what purpose?
By coolderb Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:08 pm
qbaser wrote:Thank you. So if 'import' sequences is not possible why is even possible to export sequences? For what purpose?

It allows you to create kits and sequences on the Ipad/Iphone while on the go and then load them up on the MPC Studio/Ren. when you get to you home/studio.

Its a pretty cool feature actually. I like it because you can sample from the iTunes songs library on the device, do some basic chopping to create a kit and then send it to the desktop later to do more advanced stuff. Last week while riding the train home from school I was listening to a Barkays song on my iPhone. I decided to make a kit from it so I loaded it up, used the turntable interface in iMPC and quickly created a kit which I uploaded to the MPC desktop software when I got home. You can do the same with sequences.
By qbaser Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:56 am
If importing sequence data back into impc is not possible it makes the app utterly redundant for me. Why would I invest hours making up grooves only to potentially lose them if my ipad fails, with no way of importing back into a new device?

So disappointed with that feature exclusion!
By coolderb Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:56 pm
qbaser wrote:If importing sequence data back into impc is not possible it makes the app utterly redundant for me. Why would I invest hours making up grooves only to potentially lose them if my ipad fails, with no way of importing back into a new device?

So disappointed with that feature exclusion!

I agree. We should be able to transfer projects started on the desktop to the Ipad to work on them while on the go and then transfer them back to the desktop.

Currently you can only transfer samples from the desktop to the Ipad/IPhone.
By dj e.d.e Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:04 am
So,you guys are only using the iMpc app by itself? Just wondering I'm new to the app thing,waiting for my mpc screen but,I'm diggin this all in one working on Tabltop with the iMpc and the gear in TT.only prob I'm having is no song mode and sequncing
But you can do that in TT,I guess tracking from my 8outs is what I miss most.

What mpc software are you guys using? Is that the mpc editor software? Sorry been out of the loop for a few years just getting back into this computer thing again. :)