Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By D'MoBeatFlo Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:55 am
Hey there, I owned an MPC 2K-xl many moons ago, but when I moved to Europe I sold it off for some dumb ass reason!! :Sigh: I was never a great beat maker, but loved wasting hours punching pads and making simple grooves. I have been missing this for a long time and so I looked into what is an affordable way to get back to that buzz of old school beat making, but with some new millennium workflow.

Any way I recently purchased iMPC Pro and the MPC Element and I gotta say I am lovin it! The latest release of iMPC makes this a very cool uber new school mobile MPC workstation environment. I am sure the guys/gals that have evolved with the PC Suites and DAW production techniques will cringe at how basic it may be, but if you're like me and have just jumped literally from the MPC 2K-xl ( ten years ago) to this, you will love the familiarity and portability of it.

Here is the first track I knocked up with it last night, I grabbed my sounds from the AKAI samples includes and a few with AudioCopy via a Korg App.

https://soundcloud.com/one-way-trip-to-mars/relaxgoback