Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By Icepulse Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:49 pm
7 months since 1.3, and surprise surprise ..

No program / project export to MPC software, yet Ableton Link support is included. WHAT?!? :Sigh:

What a joke. %£&@ Retronyms.

All they'd tell me is that there's one more update planned before the end of January.
By coolderb Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:02 pm
They included support for the MPC's primary competitor but no MPC export? Holy Industrial Sabotage Batman!

Akai has let the fox into the hen house.

Simon Bangz you need to look into this.....
By coolderb Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:04 pm
distortedtekno wrote:There's a lot of bugs still according to the Audio Bus forums.

Those seem to be new bugs introduced with this update. Retronyms probably rush the release just so they wouldn't miss the positive press being generated by Ableton's Link.

Par for the course for them.
By distortedtekno Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:07 pm
coolderb wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:There's a lot of bugs still according to the Audio Bus forums.

Those seem to be new bugs introduced with this update. Retronyms probably rush the release just so they wouldn't miss the positive press being generated by Ableton's Link.

Par for the course for them.

Sounds about right. :lol:
By Icepulse Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:03 pm
On Twitter, Retronyms has FINALLY acknowledged, to me, that, RE: Project / Program export: "News on that front soon".

At least that's something.
By coolderb Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:55 am
Icepulse wrote:On Twitter, Retronyms has FINALLY acknowledged, to me, that, RE: Project / Program export: "News on that front soon".

At least that's something.

That doesn't mean jack. They said the same thing in July 2014. July 2015 passes, no project export. A month ago they hinted that there would be "news on that front soon". What did they release? Not Akai project support, instead Ableton support. They are either incredibly arrogant or incredibly ignorant.

To make matters worse the program is so unstable and unreliable that even if they do deliver MPC project export it will be hard to trust their work. They obviously care more about their other projects than the iMPC app.
By Icepulse Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:36 am
And look what they're focusing their attentions on... "The Wej". If there was a market where you made money by betting against the success of a product, I'd sink every dime into the Wej. This preposterous slab has "failure" written all over it. I'll eat my hat if they sell more than 100 of 'em. Then, in a show supreme irony, the promotional video for it shows people playing an MPC Element / iMPC Pro.... How are we gonna do that, Retronyms, when you can't seem to deliver a playable build of the app??

Pft.
By coolderb Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:58 am
Lol, Wej looks like a "solution" for a non-existent problem. When they dreamed up the idea a couple of years ago it was semi-viable, but now so much time has passed that their are much better options available including many which are free. Quote from Synthtopia: "mdesignffm on October 7, 2014 at 8:50 am said:
that’s a great idea – i can reduce clutter on my desk by adding another device. and i can connect wirelessly by plugging cables into this device. come on, guys, do you even read what you’re advertising?"
By JayA Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:25 pm
Yep, no MIDI import/export, no program export, crashed a few times on me today when editing a program or the timeline while the sequence was playing…. boo

And another feature i would like to see is the export of each individual tracks, like if you were recording the outputs of a MPC 1000, instead of the entire sequence, it would be more useful to import the tracks in a DAW then. I know i could do it by muting tracks one by one but it is a bit tedious, especially since you can't give a proper name to the wav file and it always ends up being iMPC Pro.wav (ermm …another thing to look at Retronyms???)