Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By coolderb Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:37 pm
What's New in Version 1.4.1
- Fixed an issue with slice loop markers.
- Added MPC desktop software compatibility for project export.
- Left Audition button inside the Sound Editor is still not functioning with certain sounds, unfortunately. A fix is pending.

kcearl at Maschine Forums has confirmed that he was able to transfer a project to the MPC Desktop!
By Icepulse Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:15 pm
Stop the world.

I guess the squeaky wheel.... I (and others) have been hammering away at Retronyms, on all existing social media platforms, for the last month to get this done. Even dragged Bangz into it.

Let's hope they keep the momentum strong, so they iron out the bugs of the new build.
By Icepulse Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:55 am
coolderb wrote:What's New in Version 1.4.1
- Fixed an issue with slice loop markers.
- Added MPC desktop software compatibility for project export.
- Left Audition button inside the Sound Editor is still not functioning with certain sounds, unfortunately. A fix is pending.

kcearl at Maschine Forums has confirmed that he was able to transfer a project to the MPC Desktop!

Hmm. Ask kcearl if the programs exported from iMPC Pro maintain the chop markers, because it sure as hell doesn't look like it.

Indeed, it looks like opening a program within a loaded project does little more than open the original full sample, mapped to every pad. What good is that?

Nice hacked rush job by Retronyms.

They know two speeds; Park & Neutral. They did nothing for two years, then when the heat was on, they slapped on a hasty export feature.

I'd prefer a slower, considered update, with regular progress reports. They prefer the "we can't really say" model of working. I hate that. People would have patience if they'd just let slip an occasional tweet, saying "we're on track for a Jan. release... no promises... working some kinks out of the export feature". How hard is that?
By coolderb Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:48 pm
Programs exported do maintain the chops. You just have to edit the chops and select 'Discard Ends'. That saves the chopped sample to the pad and is maintained when the kit/program is saved.

Works great!
By Icepulse Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:57 pm
No, it's tedious. Editing every chop across a multi-bank program is a time consuming mess. There's no reason the program save shouldn't recall chop points without having to isolate the chop on every single pad.
By Fotizimo Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:24 pm
Is anyone else still having problems listening to slices when editing? I just updated Ned when I add a sample onto a pad, and choose to edit sample, I cannot listen to either the whole sample or the individual slices when I chop. I can hear audio when I audition the whole sample, but not in the chop mode.
By coolderb Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:51 pm
Icepulse wrote:No, it's tedious. Editing every chop across a multi-bank program is a time consuming mess. There's no reason the program save shouldn't recall chop points without having to isolate the chop on every single pad.

It is a bit tedious, but when you think about it it really is just a couple of extra taps you would do while fine tuning the chops. Auto chop to pads is nice, but you still have to edit the chops to make it sound better and get to the zero crossings.

I'm just happy we finally have the ability to create chops/kits/sequences/samples while on the go. Nothing cooler than sitting in the cafeteria at work chillin' and chopping:)
By Icepulse Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:00 am
coolderb wrote:
Icepulse wrote:No, it's tedious. Editing every chop across a multi-bank program is a time consuming mess. There's no reason the program save shouldn't recall chop points without having to isolate the chop on every single pad.

It is a bit tedious, but when you think about it it really is just a couple of extra taps you would do while fine tuning the chops. Auto chop to pads is nice, but you still have to edit the chops to make it sound better and get to the zero crossings.

I'm just happy we finally have the ability to create chops/kits/sequences/samples while on the go. Nothing cooler than sitting in the cafeteria at work chillin' and chopping:)

Guess you're right.