Discuss Akai's iOS apps iMPC & iMPC Pro
By rictheobscene Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:35 pm
Good Day To All of You:

I have been getting my head around the iMPC Pro App, and I have encountered something odd in the sound loading aspect, and I am not sure what I am doing to cause it. I've watched the instructional videos and have studied the in-app help file, and I am stumped.

I'll describe as best I can what I am observing and see if one of you can help me out.

1. I create a new program based on the Template - Zero Blank Canvas.
2. It loads just fine, and I have a shiny, new project to play with.
3. The A bank is selected at the top of the Pad Grid, and I tap the program button
4. I enter program mode, and the PARAMS page is active. Pad 1 is selected by default, and in the upper left, it says PAD A01 Empty (expected).
5. I tap the Sounds button in the lower right to load the pads.
6. Pad 1 is still selected, and the main librarian selector has AKAI SOUNDS selected, and the browser has a list of several folders.
7. Since all pads are empty, when I tap any of them, no sound is played, and the text in the upper left portion of the screen states that the pad is empty.
8. In the sample browser, I open the kicks folder, grab a kick sample (I've tried several, each meeting with the same result), and drag and drop it onto Pad 1.
9. Pad 1 now indicates that there is a sample loaded, and Pads 2 - 15 still show empty.
10. I tap Pad 1 and hear the kick play.

Up to this point, everything is functioning as expected. Here is where it gets dodgy.

11. I tap Pad 2, which indicates that is empty, and I hear a synth bass tone play (kind of like a plain 303 type sound). Pads 3 - 16 follow suit but the tone is different.
12. If I drop a sound on any of the other pads, it plays the sound I added plus the bass tone.

I am perplexed as to where the other tones are coming from, and more importantly, how do I get rid of the bass tones?

If anyone has any ideas, I would very much appreciate any assistance.