Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By 60mkII Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:24 pm
HOLA!

hello is my fisrt post here!!!
I need help form MPC experts!!
I am a producer of electronic music, i buyed recently a MPC2500 brand new, to change my way to do live sets cose i am bored to do live sets with a laptop and ableton live, cose i allways have problems with the sound card,ar timing,or windows,etc.. so i decide to change and do a live set with hardware only and the mpc as the master sequence.and a 2 sinth to trigger sounds and vocoder
so my question is:
HOW you plan or set up the MPC25000 or whatever mpc to do a live set?

my MPC2500 i now only with 16MB of ram(i have to recive the 128mb ram very soon, hope!)
so i am thinkig to how doit when i recive the 128MB ram memory cose i have my track all in audio, so if i have to export every track of my projects to the mpc maybe i need more memory cose my tracks are full of sounds....or maybe i have to do a reconstruction my tracks on the mpc step by step(very dificult) i think that with 128mb of ram i only can load 1 or 2 tracks ,so every time i want to play a diferent track on the live set i should stop and reload a new track?thats the way?
i saw lots of live sets only with a mpc and the artists never stop to reload a new song, so this confuse me!!

please help me and explain me how your PLAN you live sets on the MPC cose now i feel a little bit confused
thanx so much in advice!
cheers
salu2
By objektivone Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:29 pm
Upgrade to 128RAM and get a 2GB compact flash card.

You then can load your whole set and you won't have to stop (depending how long and big your set is)

Put each song in new patterns, and different banks. Then you can switch quicker.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
By 60mkII Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:01 pm
thanx for reply!!
but this dont help me too much! je je!! i know that i have to upgrade to 128mb and 2 gifa card, and doit with paterns and programs

the think is that my projects are so BIG(about 40 tracks on cubase)
i dont know if i have to sample entire drum loops or re programming the paterns on the mpc, put every sound on a diferent sequence or do groups of instruments in one sample, etc....

anyways thanx for reply :D
By objektivone Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:12 pm
Do whatever you want. You can do all of that on the MPC. You can have 40 tracks if you want.
Or else learn how to play the MPC and chop it all up and trigger it.
Or get another sequencer with it so you can play multiple tracks without loading your whole set into your MPC.