Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By edinburgh_bass Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:06 pm
Hi, I'm new here and have read a few things in the forum already about various stands for the MPC - but most seem too big for the MPC500.

I gigged this weekend with my new setup, and whilst it worked, it wasn't ideal.

Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions? I'd like to keep the MPC500 slightly above the synth - but also have the option of setting it up on it's own (ie: no synth) for another band I'm in. I'm thinking I might have to make my own...

Thanks
By Ill-Green Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:31 pm
For a home studio I would've recommend building one out of wood, but for giggin' you'll need something that can fold in and out and strong for transportation.
How about those stands for electronic drum sets. There's a stand that holds the sound module apart from the drum set and looks big enough for the 500.
By edinburgh_bass Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:28 am
Thankyou for all the suggestions guys. In Scotland, we don't have many welding shops (at least where I live), and I'm not too convinced by my own engineering abilities!

What do you think about this?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180326887116

Looks ideal on paper? Slap a big pad of velcro on the board and it should be good to go?
By Emilie Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:20 pm
phono wrote:i use a flight case on a keyboard stand for my live rig

I want to do thos with my laptop but think that it would overheat in the foam. Any ideas?
By phono Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:20 am
eimer wrote:
phono wrote:i use a flight case on a keyboard stand for my live rig

I want to do thos with my laptop but think that it would overheat in the foam. Any ideas?

loose the laptop? :lol:

but seriously, you can get fans, but i dont know how well they would work without decent airflow