Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By MessyBeatz Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:32 pm
AnotherUsernameForMe wrote:I have an MPC-1000 running JJOS 3.08.

I want to audition samples during live performances but the headphone outs and main outs always output the same thing.

What's the best way to listen to a sample during live performances without sending the sound to the main outs?

Thanks,
J

well now you have signed up why do you not use that search function huh...

if i recall you were biitchin about signing up to use the search function... well now your here use it.

oh and to ansa your question i think you would need your mpc hooked up to a mixer to audition sounds... well thats how i do it.
By AnotherUsernameForMe Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:51 am
I did search before posting this but was unable to find any info, at least not on the first couple pages of results.

Yes, my current solution is to mute the mixer channel the MPC is running through and listen through the headphones. Is there something better? Ideally, I'd be able to audition without cutting the main outs.

Thanks,
J
By MessyBeatz Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:48 pm
AnotherUsernameForMe wrote:I did search before posting this but was unable to find any info, at least not on the first couple pages of results.

Yes, my current solution is to mute the mixer channel the MPC is running through and listen through the headphones. Is there something better? Ideally, I'd be able to audition without cutting the main outs.

Thanks,
J

dont think there is a way mate.
By GrantB Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:13 am
Another workaround is to forego the internal effects and assign all your programs to individual outs. Then don't use the mains except for auditioning. This way is a pain to set up but is the only way if you don't want to have to load a sample to audition it.