Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By DSTR / deStar Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:22 pm
Hey!

I'm going to perform live soon with my MPC 1000.

I'm wondering how to load more than one beat at once so I don't have to make the crowd wait for me to load the next beat every time!

Thanks.
By DSTR / deStar Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:03 pm
Yes. Thanks.

But I'm wondering how to load more than one beat at once so I don't have to make the crowd wait for me to load the next beat every time.

Thanks.
By Menco Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:24 pm
Don't u load up everything and prepair everything before ur live set starts?

Otherwise dump all the beats u want to use in the same folder and load up the complete folder
By DSTR / deStar Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:56 pm
Don't u load up everything and prepair everything before ur live set starts?

Thanks! (It's going to be my first time!) Yes, I would like to load up everything and prepare everything before the set starts.

Otherwise dump all the beats u want to use in the same folder and load up the complete folder

Man... Why didn't I think of that before? Thanks.

But it didn't work: it loaded all my sounds and programs, but only the Sequences of the first beat.

So one thing remains: let's say I want beat #1 (wich has 5 sequences) to be spread out between Seq #01-05, beat #2 (wich has 6 sequences) to be spread out between Seq #06-11, and beat #3 (wich has 4 sequences) to be spread out between Seq #12-15 for my set for my set.

How do I do that if all of those beats are set-up starting at Seq #1? I know I can load individual sequences at a time, but to be frank, it's really long. (To be honest, I must have 20 sequences per beat).

So I need to know of a way to load multiple sequences at once and put them starting a a particular sequence.

Thanks again.
By Menco Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:01 pm
I never had that problem.
Are u running JJOS? This one is more stable when it comes to loading and saving.
Sometimes I have that problem when I use the mpc500, but with my bigger machines who JJOS I never had problems.

Maybe u can also save ur sequences in the autoload folder.
By DSTR / deStar Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:16 pm
No, I'm not. And I don't want to change just before the shows. I'll probably change later.

01_ So JJ has the possibility to load a bunch of sequences at the same time from a particular beat and drop it on any empty sequence of a new project? (Let's say I load sequences #10, 12, 13 and 18 from a beat, and I want to drop them in #1, 2, 3, 4 on my new project.)

02_ So if I put all my beats in the same folder and load all the content of that folder into a new project with JJ, JJ will ask me where I want the different sequences to be placed at?