Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By Em.p.cee.j Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:30 pm
A short video of me playin the MPC2000 and a MPD32 controlling Ableton Live Intro. Nothing was sequenced. The MPC is playing internal samples layered with a drum program from the Roland XV5050.

The album I sampled from got so much shit on it that I'll probably end up remixin the whole thing.
Last edited by Em.p.cee.j on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By nod records Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:41 am
Great job.

You got some timing, let me tell you. You must be a drummer...

Nice drums and sample chops.

did you have the main sample chopped in ableton?

Keep bangn those pads!
Last edited by nod records on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Em.p.cee.j Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:38 am
nod records wrote:Great job.

You got some timing, let me tell you. You must be a drummer...

Nice drums and sample chops.

did you have the main sample in chopped in ableton?

Keep bangn those pads!

Thanks... but if you put me in front of a drum set I'd sound like shit. I sampled/chopped and warped (damn I love the warp feature) in Ableton Intro and used Impulse. For the long vocal sample I launched a clip. I launched another clip to free up my left hand for the drum solo. I see you're deep into Ableton. I'm really just gettin started on it... but I'm hooked. Still can't replace my MP but I'm thinkin if I had the full version (drum racks) it would be possible.
By Em.p.cee.j Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:17 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:That was **** crazy! I much prefer this **** to Araab's style of live playing. Difference between you and Araab is your **** sounds like something an actual live band can play! Much more easy on the ears! Dope ****! Props!

Thanks man. (side note: I cant stand Araab Musik)