Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By chap23 Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:51 am
eastcoast121 wrote:you can make as many sequences as you want and then put them into song mode which basically combines whatever pattern u made into whatever order you want them to play and loops ur arrangment into one sequence. or you could just scroll the wheel while the sequence is playing and numbers will pop up indicating the next sequence you want it to play which will then play whenever the current sequence is done. also theres a next sequence feature which basically allows u to switch to any sequence at any time like if you wanted a new sequence to come in mid bar or something. basically you can think it you can do it.

We are tellin him the same thing,but describing it different :lol:
By damien907 Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:47 am
nathanxjr wrote:Ok guys, thanks for all your help regarding this. Just one more thing. Once I have my patterns down. How do I switch from one pattern to another in a live situation. Ie, I'm coming to the end of the verse and I want to start the chorus pattern. How is this done?
Will the change happen straight away, or will it wait for the end of the bar, before changing to the new pattern? Thanks.

if you pre-record the drum pattern to your song, (with the akai os or the paid for jjos) you can play your whole sequence through and in the middle of it playing, you can select which one you want to go to next and automatically when that one is done it will seamlessley go into the next sequence you have selected with the jog wheel