Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By dinverro Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:53 pm
:?:
I have an MPC1000 and am about to do the first gig with it along with Machinedrum and other synths. The MPC is the master of all and controls a lot of the pattern changing on Machinedrum and all sequencing where needed. I have 6 songs on the MPC so far, saved to individual folders which means at the end of a song, I have to hit load and then open the right folder and load the next track before playing. This in my mind is ok but it means that anything sequencing stops (e.g arps/ drums). Can I take these multiple songs and combine into one or maybe 2 instead, a bit like Ableton live sets? How would I go about doing this? :?:

I have MPC1000 with JJOS 2XL by the way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
D
By jobromedia Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:21 pm
I'm no live artist. At least not yet. But the best approach would prolly to switch sequences on the MPC, there is this sequence tool that adds all sequences to a different pad. Then in each of the sequence initialize the program changes required for your gears. A smart move would also be to set up the pad banks for each to host a different sequences designed for a specific song. This gives you 16 sequences per song. Then as you finnish the last song then you just need to load in the next performance organized the same way.