Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By ramosdjr Wed May 15, 2013 1:23 am
I've seen some people asking about mixer stands and drum machine stands for live performances. Thought I'd show how I have mine setup.

I have a regular keyboard stand, set it to its closest setting. I have a non-slip mat from walmart that goes in the kitchen drawers for cutlery. Then I have a laptop holder from Ross that i have to give that raise that I needed so badly.

Hope this helps someone.

By DSTR / deStar Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:06 pm
Nice!

There is also these:

On-Stage Mix400: http://www.proaudiostar.com/on-stage-mi ... stand.html

+

QuikLok QL-400: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... Stand.html

01_ For the people that have one of those two (On-Stage Mix400 / QuikLok QL-400), what do you recommend between the On-Stage Mix400 and the QuikLok QL-400?

I want this to play my MPC Renaissance live. Is it stable enough? Does it wobble?

02_ The QuikLok spec sheet says: "[...] adjusts (vertically) from 14.5" to 21" [...]" This isn't high enough. I need at least 36" high. Anything else you recommend?

03_ What does Jeremy Ellis use? His set-up inclines towards the audience...

04_ I was thinking of buying a keyboard stand and a piece of plywood to put on top so the Renaissance AND the laptop could be side by side. But then I would also need something to raise the Renaissance a lot!

Thanks!
Last edited by DSTR / deStar on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Metatron72 Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:56 pm
These are perfect for a 1000, MPD, Maschine and I'd imagine MPC Studio.

I got two and I'm thinking of two more.

Google "Rolodex Punched Aluminum Laptop Stand".

The base is wood, 3 positions and minimal wobble especially in the lower orientations.
By sciguy Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:14 pm
krissserz wrote:03_ What does Jeremy Ellis use? His set-up inclines towards the audience...

a normal inclined stand, but turned around?
By crossings Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:13 pm
krissserz wrote:Nice!

There is also these:

On-Stage Mix400: http://www.proaudiostar.com/on-stage-mi ... stand.html

+

QuikLok QL-400: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... Stand.html

just for the record, it's been documented on these forums previously that the MPC1000 is too small/narrow for both of those stands... but those stands are perfect for wider/larger MPCs other than the 1000 though.
By Metatron72 Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:18 pm
The one I linked has the 1000 go beyond the edges but over 3/4's of the rubber feet make contact so it's 100% stable. MPD32 on one same thing. But I often swap out Maschine on the one I have on the center of my table and plop the 1000 in the same spot.

But given the wood construction $40 is about the cheapest, and yeah BJ's and Sam's club often have similar all metal ones or metal+plastic for $4 and $5 bucks at times.

I think Jeremy Ellis might use the official stand that NI released but those aren't adjustable and nothing but Maschine fits them.
By godxbOmb Fri May 16, 2014 6:00 pm
Metatron72 wrote:These are perfect for a 1000, MPD, Maschine and I'd imagine MPC Studio.

I got two and I'm thinking of two more.

Google "Rolodex Punched Aluminum Laptop Stand".

The base is wood, 3 positions and minimal wobble especially in the lower orientations.

I bought one of those. Gonna have to do some modifications because the thing wobbles like crazy.
By Spinscott Thu May 22, 2014 1:51 pm
I use the mix 400 stand with my mpc 1000 for shows every week, and can verify that the stand fits the 1000. I did ad some felt pads to the inside of the rails on the stand to make it a better fit, but it works fine for me. Just an FYI :)
p.s. if someone can tell me how to upload a pic, I will be happy to share one of the stand with the MPC 1000. (I have shared videos on here, but have never uploaded a picture before ;) )